Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Problem uploading photos

Default Problem uploading photos

I have recently changed from Windows XP to Windows 7. Since starting to use this system I have had problems when uploading photos using the "drag & drop" method. Although the photos upload ok, the process causes my browser to become unresponsive, so that I have to close down and restart.

I have been using Chrome, as I used to when using XP, so I tried using Internet Explorer instead. In this browser the "drag & drop" method is apparently prohibited (when I drag the files I just get a "no entry" sign), so I used the old "highlight & open" method, which works fine in both IE and Chrome, as does double clicking. (Using the alternative route from the photos page instead of the summary page also works fine in both browsers.)

Has anyone else experienced this problem with "drag & drop" or is it just me? (And please don't suggest getting Windows 10!)
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I have recently changed from Windows XP to Windows 7. Since starting to use this system I have had problems when uploading photos using the "drag & drop" method. Although the photos upload ok, the process causes my browser to become unresponsive, so that I have to close down and restart.

I have been using Chrome, as I used to when using XP, so I tried using Internet Explorer instead. In this browser the "drag & drop" method is apparently prohibited (when I drag the files I just get a "no entry" sign), so I used the old "highlight & open" method, which works fine in both IE and Chrome, as does double clicking. (Using the alternative route from the photos page instead of the summary page also works fine in both browsers.)

Has anyone else experienced this problem with "drag & drop" or is it just me? (And please don't suggest getting Windows 10!)
    'Drag & drop' has always worked in Internet Explorer for me (including in Windows 10... but nothing happens if I try using the new Microsoft Edge browser).

This Space For Hire

I've noticed certificate errors appear that cause unresponsiveness and the lack of the drag and drop facility on my work and home laptops and my phone. IE, Chrome and whatever a S7 Edge has for standard Internet.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

I've recently started using my phone again to upload photos directly to the site. However, there seems to be a noticeable drop in quality during the process. What are sharp, well lit images on my phone become much bluer and murkier when they appear on a pub's page and some even look as though they were taken at twilight. Is it something I can tweak, or is it a software problem at the PuG end? Admittedly, my phone isn't the greatest (Microsoft Lumia 535) and it didn't even come with a decent manual, so I've largely been taught how to use it by my daughter. Any advice / thoughts welcome.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I've recently started using my phone again to upload photos directly to the site. However, there seems to be a noticeable drop in quality during the process. What are sharp, well lit images on my phone become much bluer and murkier when they appear on a pub's page and some even look as though they were taken at twilight. Is it something I can tweak, or is it a software problem at the PuG end? Admittedly, my phone isn't the greatest (Microsoft Lumia 535) and it didn't even come with a decent manual, so I've largely been taught how to use it by my daughter. Any advice / thoughts welcome.
    Not certain, but likely to be your 'phone compressing the image in order to reduce data costs. Depending on your plan, this may or may not be necessary, but you should be able to turn this feature off (and Google should be able to point you in the direction of an online manual).

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Not certain, but likely to be your 'phone compressing the image in order to reduce data costs. Depending on your plan, this may or may not be necessary, but you should be able to turn this feature off (and Google should be able to point you in the direction of an online manual).
    Thanks for that, 'rp'. The compression theory certainly makes sense, as the contract payment is as cheap as chips. Will have to make an effort to find the relevant section online.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.