Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you interested in becoming a fruit machine spotter?

Teetotal

Default Are you interested in becoming a fruit machine spotter?

Content removed as we don't wish to encourage exchange of bank details.

That's Canterbury, Rochester, Tonbridge, Dartford and Redhill.

Pity, my dad repairs fruit machines and I could have picked his brains but we live in the West Midlands
    Waes hael!

Yeah, not near me either but I'm intrigued about someone who plays fruits professionally...I guess it's all about knowing the algorithms of the machine. I knew someone at Uni who would spend a good couple of hours in a pub watching other people play the fruits, then stroll up and shove a few quid in...and more often than not would get £20 out within a couple of minutes. He never would tell us his methods but kept saying 'pump' and 'prime' a lot. Weird.
    Last edited by Quinno; 24-08-2010 at 11:55.

Not sure if it is still the case but every fruit machine used to have a small and well hidden window through which you can see a counter. When someone wins a decent sum they generally stop playing so you could go up to the machine afterwards, note the counter number and then count how many more times the machine is played again until someone wins. You can then calculate that it would chuck out a winning line every 20 or 30 or whatever times. You can tell whether the machine is worth putting any money in by knowing how many times it needs to be played before it pays out.

Personally I hate the machines.

decided to do some quick research:

http://www.clubmachines.co.uk/mech.htm

Apparently what my Uni pal did is known as 'sharking'.

I used to love playing the fruities and would always have an eye on the machine waiting for someone to lose a few quid before cashing in. Problem I had was knowing when to stop playing. I'm glad I hardly notice them in pubs anymore.

PS. Glad to see you on here Quinno.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    PS. Glad to see you on here Quinno.
    Cheers Strongers, it's good to be back. A year off means I've got a lot of catching up to do but it'll be good fun!

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by fruitypro79 View Post
    Removed reference
    Just a warning guys, I'm not casting aspersions in any way on the integrity of fruitypro79, but to receive payment via a direct bank transfer you would have to give out your account number and name. Definitely not recommended in these days of identity fraud to give these details to anyone you do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhunter View Post
    Just a warning guys, I'm not casting aspersions in any way on the integrity of fruitypro79, but to receive payment via a direct bank transfer you would have to give out your account number and name. Definitely not recommended in these days of identity fraud to give these details to anyone you do not know.
    I think I fired a warning shot to Conrad when he first opened the thread so I am actually surprised the posting is still on view. I'd like to think most of us aren't gullible enough to go along with it!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

If you did I missed it I'm afraid.

Wasn't something I thought of to be honest, but it is a very fair point. I will delete the offending posts straight after this.