Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 16th April 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Where did you get the Pillars beer?
    At the Brewery Tap which sells four off their lagers at four quid a pint, a bit steep if you ask me. I intend to add it to the site along with Mother's Ruin. It's on the same estate as Wild Card and all three are only open at weekends. The key to getting there is the W16 stops for Addison Road and through the iron gates on the West side of Shernall Street. Mother's Ruin make fruit flavoured gins and vodka but now also sell products (bottles and cans) from the two breweries. God's Own Junkyard have also opened a bar but I haven't been there. The whole thing is ridiculously popular, I walked from Mother's Ruin on Saturday as they were three deep at the small bar.
    If you get a Southbound W16 from here it will take you to the Brodies King William IV.

Update: Pillars Brewery and Mother's Ruin are now on the site.
    Last edited by Aqualung; 19-04-2017 at 21:56.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Croydon,Richmond,Hertford and Leicestershire.

Burning Sky -- Aurora * (3PT)
    Goose Island -- IPA (keg)
    Fullers -- Southern Star
    Sambrooks -- Battersea Rye
    Twickenham -- Redhead *
    Thornbridge -- Jaipur IPA *
    Empire -- Forbidden IPA
    Everards -- Tiger *
    Everards -- Old Original *

I've nominated Burning Sky Aurora a few times,so BOTW goes to Everards Tiger in superb form in The Baker's Arms,Blaby.A classic session ale ,a beautiful best bitter when kept correctly.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    A classic session ale ,a beautiful best bitter when kept correctly.
    I agree, I think Tiger is a decent brew. Everard is one of the old regionals I still have faith in. I've never tried Beacon or Beacon Hill as I believe they now call it.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    At the Brewery Tap which sells four off their lagers at four quid a pint, a bit steep if you ask me. I intend to add it to the site along with Mother's Ruin. It's on the same estate as Wild Card and all three are only open at weekends. The key to getting there is the W16 stops for Addison Road and through the iron gates on the West side of Shernall Street. Mother's Ruin make fruit flavoured gins and vodka but now also sell products (bottles and cans) from the two breweries. God's Own Junkyard have also opened a bar but I haven't been there. The whole thing is ridiculously popular, I walked from Mother's Ruin on Saturday as they were three deep at the small bar.
    If you get a Southbound W16 from here it will take you to the Brodies King William IV.

Thanks for the info.I hoped it would be a pub.With their limited opening hours these brewery taps are not easy for me to get to.There are 102 London brewers and I have had a beer from 94 of them so will have to try and get to Pillars.That £4 pint will be £5.50 in a pub. Wild Card -mild would be a massive tick as well.cheers john

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post

Was the Wild Card beer a cask or keg as I heard they have stopped casking beers just recently.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Was the Wild Card beer a cask or keg as I heard they have stopped casking beers just recently.
    It was cask and I imagine a one-off. I'm not surprised to hear that as they now have eight keg taps and that was the only one of their beers on cask. It was supposed to be a beer festival. I rarely go there as they always seem to have music on.

Little Ox brewery Wipeout. A very pleasant 4.2% American Pale Ale.

The default beer of choice last Tuesday in The Baum as Beer Nouveau were doing a Meet The Brewer and their beer was all crap.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas