Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh dear, self promotion FAIL

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Easy C, I was just commenting on the name. I tend to agree that a pub posting upcoming events is no bad thing.
    Sorry I was mainly using your post as a segueway rather than actually being perturbed, I can see it looked that way though.

Been meaning to mention I am not sure if I have said it for you before, but your post count means you can select your own title from the control panel now.

Now we're into the quiet period I make look at developing the pubs page a little
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    Now we're into the quiet period I make look at developing the pubs page a little
    You want to watch out, everyone is a critic

Which neatly leads into me teasing you about your festival page, went over and had a look, lots of detail there, very nice. Click on the home page and the calendar of upcoming events appears to be missing something

More seriously have you hazarded onto Facebook at all?

Fixed - thanks for that. I'd put the wrong calender in which I'll fix later.

Facebook is something I'll look at when I have time to read the privacy bits in full. I can't keep up with twitter and blogging at the moment - our web host has just pulled the plug, so we now have no website, booking system or email for the inn. So currently I'm looking for a host that will take us on for 1 month whilst we get sorted properly

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Fixed - thanks for that. I'd put the wrong calender in which I'll fix later.

Facebook is something I'll look at when I have time to read the privacy bits in full. I can't keep up with twitter and blogging at the moment - our web host has just pulled the plug, so we now have no website, booking system or email for the inn. So currently I'm looking for a host that will take us on for 1 month whilst we get sorted properly
    PM sent.

Just registered a month at uk2.net

Can I pick your brains though. We own the domain www.kilverts.co.uk and I've been told I need to get the 'tag' released. What do I do with this tag? (Apologies to everyone else)

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Just registered a month at uk2.net

Can I pick your brains though. We own the domain www.kilverts.co.uk and I've been told I need to get the 'tag' released. What do I do with this tag? (Apologies to everyone else)
    Just PM'd you the answer and some contact details. Basically you need to request that the current tag holders put in what the new tag holders are suggesting.

I can see no problem with a licensee making a short plain statement on the review page of their pub. No gushing words about the wonderful menu of stuffed ardvaark or larks toungues in aspic. Nothing about the barmen's cute bum and whose chat up lines charm birds out of the trees and gullible ladies off their barstools. No corporate speak from the pubco/brewery rep input.
    Just a straight honest comment on the beer that it sells, basic description of the pub and what sort of customers the place attracts.Most important is to make it clear that it is a management entry.It would be interesting to compare the differing views from both sides of the bar.

I bet you'll all be rushing to this place!

I'm not sure why they've marked the previous comment as unhelpful when they have answered the question that was set!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I bet you'll all be rushing to this place!

I'm not sure why they've marked the previous comment as unhelpful when they have answered the question that was set!
    I don't find there review at all helpful it dose not mention none of the Important things Like what Beer & Ales they serve what food is served If any is there a Dart board or Pool table any Sport or TV shown Etc.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)