Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A question about your privacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post

When one of you is found strangled with their camera strap, or battered to death with your note book I don't want to feel I made it too easy for your stalker
    Perhaps you should issue us with PUG notebook stickers, then if it does happen you'll get publicity you couldn't pay for....
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Now see that is the sort of original thinking we need, if you had just said that at the start I would already have made the change

Brilliant reply!

I rarely visit the dark inner workings of PuGs. There maybe things I would not like to come face to face with ( Dave ? ) , spiders and such like. I get lost wandering around the threads but at least there is day light.
    So do as you think best Conrad.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

When one of you is found strangled with their camera strap, or battered to death with your note book I don't want to feel I made it too easy for your stalker
    Wow! You seem to be thinking ahead of the game Conrad - are you envisaging a filter that can predict where a member is GOING to be...? If so, at the risk of becoming even more depressed, could you ask it when trainman is next going to find himself in a pub, any pub? (And maybe who's gonna win the Derby, & World Cup?). Thanks.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Wow! You seem to be thinking ahead of the game Conrad - are you envisaging a filter that can predict where a member is GOING to be...? If so, at the risk of becoming even more depressed, could you ask it when trainman is next going to find himself in a pub, any pub? (And maybe who's gonna win the Derby, & World Cup?). Thanks.
    Well we could probably make a swipe at it based on pubs you are researching. However I find it best not to assume that just because I can't work out how to do something it can't be done.

Anyway, we have reached Monday and no one seems to be against the idea or have provided any suggestions for what might go wrong, so without any need for ID cards I have switched it to reverse contribution order. I am happy to switch it off if anyone does suddenly spot an issue, but hopefully it is just me being paranoid.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Well we could probably make a swipe at it based on pubs you are researching.
    You could have tried with me today but you'd be wrong. Plan was to head to Epsom to tick off three or four but despite the Mrs and youngest being away, and my daughter revising, intransigence set in and I've wasted the day. Feel a bit annoyed with myself too but that's my fault. A free Saturday next weekend but I'm staying well away from Epsom on Derby day.

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow, as I have a day off.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I doubt we could ever really work out where you are going unless you tell us , the only likely thing I could see is if you were clearly going somewhere regularly.

The bigger issue I have always bothered about is that we could probably take a stab of the square mile many of our regulars live in on the basis of reviews, and that has nothing to do with the time line.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

No privacy issues with me Conrad. I like the chronological view simply because when I go to My Contributions it seems to me to make sense to see my most recent contributions first.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

It definitely makes a lot more sense when looking at yourself, I still maintain there is something a little stalkerish about it when looking at someone else though.

Sorry I'm a bit late joining the lists on this one, but I don't have any privacy issues either. I have to say that I don't think I've used the facility, but I can see that some might find it helpful. I think it would be pretty hard to discern where I lived by tracking the pubs I've visited; though you would be able to make a good guess from things I've said here on the forums.