Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A question about your privacy?

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Default A question about your privacy?

We have had a lot of queries about members user information pages so for instance Dave's.

The expectation appears to be that we show them in date order, now I can do this no problem with just a couple of minutes work.

But.... I am not sure I want to, whilst it only uses information that is readily available on the site does it bother you that we make it really easy to see where you visited yesterday for instance.

Or indeed are there any implications from showing the most recent work you did so visibly that would concern you?

Ultimately I am happy enough to turn this on, I just wanted to be sure I am not being dumb and missing something that some of you would find an intrusion?

Please express your opinion either way, the broader feedback I get the better it makes me feel

I'd prefer to see this page in date order rather than the jumbled list that we have at present. I can't see any obvious privacy implications and your suggestion that other users would be able to see where I had been yesterday works on the assumption that we all upload our photos or reviews the day after visiting a particular pub, which for me at least, isn't the case.

In an ideal world, I'd love to see this page set out in date order, but with the option to re-order the list by rating, postal town, pub name alphabetically etc...

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    In an ideal world, I'd love to see this page set out in date order, but with the option to re-order the list by rating, postal town, pub name alphabetically etc...
    In the rewrite of the future, I would like to enable all of these (with the possible exception of date, although I am guessing we aren't going to have issues with that).

I've got no problem re the privacy side of things but would like to see all the entries in some kind of order. Is there any chance of being able to select a choice of options ie view in date order, view in alphabetical order, view reviewed pubs only etc etc or is that getting a bit complex?

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I've got no problem re the privacy side of things but would like to see all the entries in some kind of order. Is there any chance of being able to select a choice of options ie view in date order, view in alphabetical order, view reviewed pubs only etc etc or is that getting a bit complex?
    I'm just juggling posts around you today Roger

It is possible, it is hard to make it work in the way the rest of the site is designed now though, so one for another day as opposed to date order which is a one line addition to my code.

Date order is a fine start for me!

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I think I will leave it till Monday and see what people have said and if they are fine with it I will switch on reverse date order (most recent first).

Do still post on here to let me know you are fine with this though, I would like to try and make sure no one is seeing anything I am missing.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

As others, I would prefer it sortable by say town or county. I have no problem with date order though, but I never view the members contributions at present because it is such a mish mash, so sortable would be very worthwhile IMHO

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    As others, I would prefer it sortable by say town or county. I have no problem with date order though, but I never view the members contributions at present because it is such a mish mash, so sortable would be very worthwhile IMHO
    I can see a theme emerging here, sadly I want to get stuff like Google streetview sorted before messing with users pages.

I'm not really bothered either way about them being chronologically listed.

Like the others though I would like to bring up another point - Is it possible to not add pubs to a users page when a website has been added, or maybe give an indication that the website has been added. I only say this as I added the Walkabout website to all of their pubs and it now looks like I'm an Aussie!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES