Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharp practice by camra?

Default Sharp practice by camra?

I have just received an email from John Cottrell, Head of Membership at CAMRA, saying that they will be taking my direct debit payment for the revised annual subscription on 1 April when the new annual rate comes into effect. However, I have always paid in July, for a full year, meaning that they are effectively trying to take double payments off me for 3 months. Has anyone else had this?

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    I have just received an email from John Cottrell, Head of Membership at CAMRA, saying that they will be taking my direct debit payment for the revised annual subscription on 1 April when the new annual rate comes into effect. However, I have always paid in July, for a full year, meaning that they are effectively trying to take double payments off me for 3 months. Has anyone else had this?
    I can't help you I'm afraid, I've been a life member since 1990 when it cost me £100 which seemed and was a lot of money then. If it was me I would be haranguing CAMRA HQ big time!! It might be an IT glitch as their computer systems make Government ones look cutting edge.

At the end of my email it says on or soon after 01/05/2017 which is correct in our case.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

This won't make you feel any better,but my last interaction with their direct debit system was an automatic reduction in my membership renewal having reached 60
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    This won't make you feel any better,but my last interaction with their direct debit system was an automatic reduction in my membership renewal having reached 60
    Thanks for reminding me: I was going to rejoin at 60.Mind you, I get enough beer info here,I live too far out with no public transport to do much campaigning, and the 'Spoons vouchers aren't really much of a draw.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Mine says (and see the bold bit):

As a valued Direct Debit subscriber we are writing to inform you of a change to the amount you pay for your annual subscription which is due on or after 1st April 2017 when new subscription rates come into affect. As a direct debit payer you need take no further action.
    The information below provides you with the details of your new membership subscription fee.
    Your annual subscription is now £30.5 and will be collected on or immediately after 2017-08-01.

Me too...

Mine renews annually in September and I have the message..

Your annual subscription is now £25 and will be collected on or immediately after 2017-09-01

So looks OK to me..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Mine says "Your annual subscription is now £25 and will be collected on or immediately after 2017-12-01." which is correct for me, yours should say "will be collected on or immediately after 2017-07-01" if it doesn't contact St Allbrans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I can't help you I'm afraid, I've been a life member since 1990 when it cost me £100 which seemed and was a lot of money then..
    After April it will be £450 for a single life membership (full in UK, £306 for pensioners)

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Mine says (and see the bold bit):

The information below provides you with the details of your new membership subscription fee.
    Your annual subscription is now £30.5 and will be collected on or immediately after 2017-08-01.
    That is the new price for Direct Debit full joint membership.

There are also three motions for debate at Bournemouth (Motions 3,4,& 5) which will reduce or abolish the concessionary rates. This is due to the ageing demographic of the Campaign. Along with the revitalisation thing there could be some fun and fireworks on the south coast in April when the old gits clash with the modernisers .

This Space For Hire

Can these cheap rates be passed on if elders die???

Mine arrived yesterday stating the right date and £25...