Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    John Bonsor managed to post at 6:04 this evening, so it's still working.

This has also happened a few times previously, without explanation as far as I recall, and just as suddenly reverted back again. *** CANCEL THAT *** The top left link has just this minute also disappeared from the home page!

Update - if you can find a way in, you can still post... Curious.
    As far as I can tell the top left link wasn't on the page all day, just on every other page of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I hope it keeps going as it is no fun being banned from a non-existent forum...
    Well Strongers, I think this is time for me to say that we are constantly trying to improve the PuG site for the majority of users so should it be needed, I am sure we can step up

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    He made all my reviews "anonymous" except the two he missed ...t*at
    Ok, that is just wrong, delete if you have to but, anonymise, where is the logic in that, probably best I don't add to the name calling, but rest assured I am thinking it.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I hope it keeps going as it is no fun being banned from a non-existent forum...
    Bad luck Strongers, access to history of shed (heroes) vs trolls, and establishment vs rebels, now removed

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    As far as I can tell the top left link wasn't on the page all day, just on every other page of the site.
    No longer.

Chris may have been alerted by rpadam's query over there yesterday, but it's rather more fun to imagine he got the heads-up by monitoring this site...

Former Pubs Galore Coder

There is no question he is trying to read our forums, him and soslinky have been trying to read them ever since rpadams post last night.

He has now taken to reading them off our sites front page instead.

I do not know how many of that forums new users were genuine but the odd threads that were started often had the feel of desperation about them. Very little of interest. But just the money spinning bit remains now. And flame wars of course.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Bad luck Strongers, access to history of shed (heroes) vs trolls, and establishment vs rebels, now removed

No longer.

Chris may have been alerted by rpadam's query over there yesterday, but it's rather more fun to imagine he got the heads-up by monitoring this site...
    Well, it was a bit of an experiment (and based on past history, a cynic might suggest that the last place he would have looked at would have been his own forums...).

It seems too me that the Forums have been removed altogether now I cant see them or access them anymore Ive just tried.

Yes the site seems too be getting more & more out of Date anyone remember this bit Ive Cut & pasted below its still the same over three years later.

BITE Pub Of The Year 2007
    Pub of the year is back! After skipping a year we're back for BITE Pub of the Year 2007! Voting will open soon - stay tuned!

Pub of the Year 2005
    Details of Pub of the Year 2005 are here ?
    Last edited by Alesonly; 28-05-2010 at 01:58.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Spritzer Swallower

Hey
    They might as well close them down as no one as been on for a while , perhaps i will tell prince monolulu this is the only happening forum around at the moment !! ( only joking lads ,funny how he has disappeared )
    PS Conrad the Great Western in Basingstoke is back open again i will let you know tomorrow if it still is !!!

Winchesterclub
    Oh my good gawd terry

I'm in Basingstoke week after next (8th), d'ye think the Great Western might be worth risking a visit or should I just stick to the Queens?

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I'm in Basingstoke week after next (8th), d'ye think the Great Western might be worth risking a visit or should I just stick to the Queens?
    Two that I've had on my 'random mission' list for quite a while (in conjunction with Queens Arms) are The White Hart (Charter Alley) and The Plough (Little London). They are 5/6m NNW of Basingstoke but look fairly inaccessible by public transport. The latter has bus14 (32mins) at 12:35 & ... 16:35, but nowt directly back. When I get around to 'em I may drag a couple along to share a taxi (a mode of transport almost unheard of, for me).

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    The White Hart (Charter Alley) and The Plough (Little London)
    I've been in both but many years ago. The Plough was a lovely little country pub but I can't remember much about the White Hart. I won't get to either this trip, as you say they're not really public transport accessible.