Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Forum

  1. #1
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    1,944

    Default Forum

    I notice that the ailing, abandoned forum on another pub website has finally been terminated. Long live the shed as a refuge from all that tumbleweed!

  2. #2
    Palookaville hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,901

    Default

    It's still there just not showing on the front page
    Last edited by hondo; 26-05-2010 at 10:34.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

  3. #3
    I'll stay on me own Gann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North London
    Posts
    487

    Default

    [QUOTE=trainman;13250]I notice that the ailing, abandoned forum on another pub website has finally been terminated. QUOTE]

    And I also notice the 'Moronic Users' as you refer to them are still in force as 'The Cock Inn' is now down to 2.7 after your earlier posting this morning........

    Anyway, even more evidence that we're all better off here......
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

  4. #4
    Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Horndean, Hants
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    I guess I am the only one who does not have a clue what you are all referring to, probably just as well by the sounds of it

  5. #5
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Beer In The Evening have removed their prominent site wide link to their forums. The forums are still linked from most pages from a tiny link at the top of the navigation area.

    The forums are still there and handling automated posts, not sure if members can post though. The blog appears to be gone altogether.

    It seems reasonable to think Chris might drop the forums as more grief than he feels they are worth.

  6. #6
    We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    down 'ere, from oop there
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Oh, right, I didn't realise there was still a link from subsidiary pages. Removal from the homepage is evidently to remove high visibility of that quiet carriage - site trolls, left with no-one to wind up, have gone back to puerile ratings manipulations.

  7. #7
    Former Pubs Galore Coder
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Oh, right, I didn't realise there was still a link from subsidiary pages. Removal from the homepage is evidently to remove high visibility of that quiet carriage - site trolls, left with no-one to wind up, have gone back to puerile ratings manipulations.
    I just sort of assumed he hadn't realised there were other links (or didn't know how to remove them )

    It is certainly the sort of thing I would miss, only thing that leaves me in doubt is that he hasn't just switched the forum off.

  8. #8
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Beer In The Evening have removed their prominent site wide link to their forums. The forums are still linked from most pages from a tiny link at the top of the navigation area.

    The forums are still there and handling automated posts, not sure if members can post though. The blog appears to be gone altogether.

    It seems reasonable to think Chris might drop the forums as more grief than he feels they are worth.
    John Bonsor managed to post at 6:04 this evening, so it's still working.

    This has also happened a few times previously, without explanation as far as I recall, and just as suddenly reverted back again. *** CANCEL THAT *** The top left link has just this minute also disappeared from the home page!

    Update - if you can find a way in, you can still post... Curious.
    Last edited by rpadam; 26-05-2010 at 20:15.

  9. #9
    Inndigestion Strongers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Downs
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    I hope it keeps going as it is no fun being banned from a non-existent forum...
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

  10. #10
    Old & Bitter oldboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    God's Own County
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I hope it keeps going as it is no fun being banned from a non-existent forum...
    He made all my reviews "anonymous" except the two he missed ...t*at
    Last edited by oldboots; 27-05-2010 at 08:07.

    Tell us, now, how and when
    We may find the bravest men?
    A sure test, an easy test:
    Those that drink beer are the best

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •