Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New pub visits 2017

Default New pub visits 2017

Here we go again !

Good luck to all with targets. Mine is to beat the 200 from last year.

Del.

I am a salmon !!

I will keep count this year though don't expect to get near last years 310, to much dirge and bad beer involved( Its easier for you Lager boys ), though of course you do find some good and unexpected excellent pubs as well, we will see.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

I will be happy to get up to the 1500 review mark,so around 100 new pub visits is the target.PuG crawls are a good source of new visits for me,but there's not much of the inland waterway system that I haven't navigated,so new canalside pub visits are rare these days.

Good luck everybody.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Last year I did not count the pubs as I had 2 new total knee replacements and thought I would only achieve a minor total even though I think I got about 300. So now I am fighting fit and set this years target at 400

No targets for me, but got off to a ridiculously good start with 20 new pubs in the first three days: Brighton and Portsmouth. Won't be keeping that pace up!
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I will keep count this year though don't expect to get near last years 310, to much dirge and bad beer involved( Its easier for you Lager boys ), though of course you do find some good and unexpected excellent pubs as well, we will see.
    If you end up in any Spoons and don't like the look of the cask (it happens too often for my liking) try the two Sixppoint beers. They come in 2/3 pint tins. The Bengali is usually £1.99 and is around 6.5% and the Resin is £2.99 at 9.1%. I've never seen them in a supermarket or other pubs but I don't really look for tins and bottles in most pubs. An increasing number seem to be doing "craft" keg. I came across Oakham Green Devil in the Hants / IOW area last year. Watch the prices though, Sambrook's IPA is £3.69 in the brand new Greenwood Hotel in Northolt but they are trying to get away with £4.25 in the Leytonstone Walnut Tree. Both have the same Standard Guest Ale price of £2.49. I told the bloke in the Walnut Tree where to stick it! I often try the Devil's Backbone in Spoons as it comes as a "free" drink with the food clubs. The quality of it varies a lot, probably as much as the cask so there's no way that keg is a silver bullet for problems with cask ale. I think the quality of the brew has gone down since they introduced it but I don't think the price has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    If you end up in any Spoons and don't like the look of the cask (it happens too often for my liking) try the two Sixppoint beers. They come in 2/3 pint tins. The Bengali is usually £1.99 and is around 6.5% and the Resin is £2.99 at 9.1%. I've never seen them in a supermarket or other pubs but I don't really look for tins and bottles in most pubs. An increasing number seem to be doing "craft" keg. I came across Oakham Green Devil in the Hants / IOW area last year. Watch the prices though, Sambrook's IPA is £3.69 in the brand new Greenwood Hotel in Northolt but they are trying to get away with £4.25 in the Leytonstone Walnut Tree. Both have the same Standard Guest Ale price of £2.49. I told the bloke in the Walnut Tree where to stick it! I often try the Devil's Backbone in Spoons as it comes as a "free" drink with the food clubs. The quality of it varies a lot, probably as much as the cask so there's no way that keg is a silver bullet for problems with cask ale. I think the quality of the brew has gone down since they introduced it but I don't think the price has changed.
    In the past if I remember to look at the bottles , I've gone for Punk IPA.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

[QUOTE=Aqualung;85203]If you end up in any Spoons and don't like the look of the cask (it happens too often for my liking) try the two Sixppoint beers. They come in 2/3 pint tins. The Bengali is
    While in Dundee in the summer the three Wetherspoon pubs had bottled beers from Scottish brewers in the fridges and none were the usual suspects. Good on you Tim.

Managed 10 yesterday in the Birmingham area although only bargained for 5. I forgot my bus pass which was not that big a deal till I realised all the buses I went on was correct change only so I had to keep going in pubs to get change and later in the centre had to go in more pubs for frequent leeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    In the past if I remember to look at the bottles , I've gone for Punk IPA.
    It's not all good news on the "craft" keg front. The Burton JDW had Hobgoblin and a second Shipyard thingy on offer!