Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst pub you've visited in 2016

This Space For Hire

Like the Al's I will go in any pub but won't generally call any pub shit, especially as I'm a lager drinker but one for general amusement given the signage is Fulford House

Which as I don't seem to be able to upload photo stated

The management, bar staff & customers are fed up with all the fighting! ZERO TOLERANCE FROM NOW AND LIFETIME BAN.
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 18-12-2016 at 19:09.

To second bcfczuluarmy, I'll walk into any pub, which means if trying to tick off a town I'm always bound to come across plenty of chaff, but this year's winner has to be Oxfordshire's Crawley Inn.

Even re-reading my review, I feel I didn't manage to grasp the paucity of any of its demerits. Certainly up there with Cowley (Oxford's) former Nelson, which is not forgotten and gone...
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    To second bcfczuluarmy, I'll walk into any pub, which means if trying to tick off a town I'm always bound to come across plenty of chaff, but this year's winner has to be Oxfordshire's Crawley Inn.
    Just goes to show the value of a site like this featuring extensive pictures and reviews - unlike some, this place appears to look like being worth a visit, but without a review you would never know the full horrors that lie within... (and others work quite the opposite way, e.g. The Laurieston Bar).

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post

Even re-reading my review, I feel I didn't manage to grasp the paucity of any of its demerits. Certainly up there with Cowley (Oxford's) former Nelson, which is not forgotten and gone...

WHAT?UB seem quite enthusiastic in their account, but then again, you can read "this quirky pub dating from 1789, is full of character and characters" more than one way.

Only one contender for me this year - the truly dreadful Hallmark Hotel Croydon

Winston Churchill, Charles Lindbergh, Charlie Chaplin, Rita Hayworth - your hotel took one hell of a reviewing!

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post

Winston Churchill, Charles Lindbergh, Charlie Chaplin, Rita Hayworth - your hotel took one hell of a reviewing!
    Your review made it all worthwhile, loved it
    "Plenty then for Hallmark, the current owners of this fascinating building, to make use of in their public bar. But alas, somehow all this fascinating history has been completely glossed over, in favour of a soulless hotel bar that is so drab and unappealing I was tempted to take my pint out to the car park so I could watch the traffic thunder down the Purley Way instead"
    I drink to make others more interesting

I agree with Farway,an entertaining review, tried to add to your reputation on the strength of it, but the computer apparently says no.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Great review ,made me chuckle.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I would like to nominate Queens Head, Longford Gloucestershire. My partner and his Brother, visited the pub a few months ago, the staff were not exactly welcoming to them. A gastro pub that is more interested in the restaurant side of the business, rather than customers that have come just for a drink, is never a "recipe" for success.
    Last edited by Lady Grey; 23-12-2016 at 09:19.

The White Bear

Not the worst pub, but by far the worst experience.