Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Other than beer what should be in a pub?

I Went into the Wetherspoons Admiral Byng Potters Bar yesterday afternoon and found it perfect someone must have been reading this forum there were beermats on the tables & the tables were cleaned they even had Highgate Black Pig on tap. ( Must update my review.)
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    I Went into the Wetherspoons Admiral Byng Potters Bar yesterday afternoon and found it perfect someone must have been reading this forum there were beermats on the tables & the tables were cleaned they even had Highgate Black Pig on tap. ( Must update my review.)
    I wonder who....
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

I should probably warn you to hold your drinks if you are ever sat at a table with me, I am the one who will kick the table leg...Conrad.

Your not the only one. With this lovely weather I decided to sit outside at those bench cum table things. Twice I caught my foot on the bench part and twice I spilled beer my down trouser leg. It is not doing my reputation much good.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Pinball - I really enjoy pinball, and yet can't think of any pubs I know that still have a table, used to love playing it after a few lubricatory drinks. Would love to get a table if I ever end up with a house with enough space.
    Called in The Dove And Rainbow in Sheffield last Friday. They have a row of three!! yes three, pinball tables. Goldeneye, Attack From Mars and another, I forget what.

Sadly Ms CAMRA vetoed the idea of having a few games.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Attack From Mars, a true classic. I dread to think how bad I would be now, but would love to find out

Can I throw into this thread, what shouldn't be in a pub (besides twigs):

A full pub and someone occupying a whole table because they have plonked their laptop on it - social networking can be so anti-social. Go and sit in Cafe Rouge if that's what you want to do.
    Waes hael!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    A full pub and someone occupying a whole table because they have plonked their laptop on it
    In which case, order a glass of water with your pint, deposit beer on your table, find excuse to walk past Mr Laptop whilst holding water and having mentally choreographed a spectacular trip, go for it. That should do it.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Or maybe cough all over the crisp dust in your open packet, ensuring that a cloud of salt and crispy greasy potato spreads in the direction of the offending gadget
    Waes hael!

What should be in a pub...
    Clean tables with no used glasses/dishes/cuttlery ect if you are visiting an eating establishment.
    A jukebox - so you may choose whether you want to listen to music or not - this is not an essential item, but I would prefer it to television screens showing sport.
    Courteous bar staff
    I agree with the people that are missing bear mats - this is part of the charm of the pub.

This Space For Hire

Proper crisps. Not half pound packs of McCoy's Kettle Pringle Doritos that cost £1.99. Proper greasy salty crisps that get you reported to the social services if found in your kids' lunchboxes.