Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Next PuG pub crawl(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Agreed ,and if we are starting in Clapton there is a very regular Overground service there from Liverpool Street which takes 10 minutes.
    It's Overground now so is it still overpriced? I'm hoping you can confirm that Clapton is NOT in the "Far East"!

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    It's Overground now so is it still overpriced? I'm hoping you can confirm that Clapton is NOT in the "Far East"!
    £3.40 single from Liverpool St,but I will be using a weekend supersaver all zone travelcard with railcard discount

Is your reference to do with Clapton Orient ? Interesting reading on Wiki,I guess you know the area.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    £3.40 single from Liverpool St,but I will be using a weekend supersaver all zone travelcard with railcard discount

Is your reference to do with Clapton Orient ? Interesting reading on Wiki,I guess you know the area.
    The fact is if you're coming to London you need to have an Oyster card. If you've got one you'll get charged whatever the fare is from Zone 1 to 2. I've got a Coffin Dodger's Freedom pass so can go anywhere in London (old school rail lines after 09:30).
    I know your reference to Clapton Orient is foobal based so I'm not going to rise to that bait!!

Hey Aqualung! Is this interest in the next crawl an indication that you might be joining us? I do hope so!
    Come On You Hatters!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

The fact is if you're coming to London you need to have an Oyster card. If you've got one you'll get charged whatever the fare is from Zone 1 to 2.
    Or use the same contactless payment card to achieve the best price these days. I reckon more methods of transport than the bus will be used so folk will 'max out' at £7.60 anyway (Z1-Z3) or £4.50 bus only...

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Hey Aqualung! Is this interest in the next crawl an indication that you might be joining us? I do hope so!
    I very much doubt it, I've got a very busy March lined up chasing round new Spoons. It's worth checking the football fixtures, as the 38 bus travels quite close to Highbury and the Hackney Pembury and Cock are favoured watering holes for some Tottenham fans.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Or use the same contactless payment card to achieve the best price these days. I reckon more methods of transport than the bus will be used so folk will 'max out' at £7.60 anyway (Z1-Z3) or £4.50 bus only...
    I always forget that one as I've never used it in London.

I very much doubt it, I've got a very busy March lined up chasing round new Spoons. It's worth checking the football fixtures, as the 38 bus travels quite close to Highbury and the Hackney Pembury and Cock are favoured watering holes for some Tottenham fans.
    Don't need to worry about domestic football that weekend as there is an international break and England play Lithuania at Wembley on the Sunday..
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Don't need to worry about domestic football that weekend as there is an international break and England play Lithuania at Wembley on the Sunday..
    Phew! That was lucky - I forgot to check football fixtures before suggesting the 25th. It's Colchester Utd v Hatters that day, so I knew I'd be free (too much pressure on tickets with it being fairly local, so it's not on my to do list.)
    Come On You Hatters!

Spritzer Swallower Cider Drinker's Avatar

We're up for this one too. Xx