Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 183

Thread: Next PuG pub crawl(s)

  1. #11
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oxford Canal
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    With advanced fares now being advertised into mid March,this thread is worth a bump.

    38 bus trip around hipster central ?

    Lancaster ?

    Aqualung mentioned two possible midland venues,Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury with some railway stops enroute ?

    I will throw in Brighton as a deep south option,it needs visiting at sometime.....

    Any interest in a meet up before Easter ??
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  2. #12
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    With advanced fares now being advertised into mid March,this thread is worth a bump.

    38 bus trip around hipster central ?

    Lancaster ?

    Aqualung mentioned two possible midland venues,Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury with some railway stops enroute ?

    I will throw in Brighton as a deep south option,it needs visiting at sometime.....

    Any interest in a meet up before Easter ??
    London or Brighton sounds good to me..

  3. #13
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    With advanced fares now being advertised into mid March,this thread is worth a bump.

    38 bus trip around hipster central ?

    Lancaster ?

    Aqualung mentioned two possible midland venues,Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury with some railway stops enroute ?

    I will throw in Brighton as a deep south option,it needs visiting at sometime.....

    Any interest in a meet up before Easter ??
    I think we should seriously consider a London visit. John's suggestion of pubs along the 38 bus route sounds intriguing. And I know he'll want to do it on a Saturday, since he's always the first to oppose Friday crawls. So how about Saturday 25th March? But only if London Calling sorts out the route...

    Over to you, John.
    Come On You Hatters!

  4. #14
    On The Road To Somewhere Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    There abouts
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I think we should seriously consider a London visit. John's suggestion of pubs along the 38 bus route sounds intriguing. And I know he'll want to do it on a Saturday, since he's always the first to oppose Friday crawls. So how about Saturday 25th March? But only if London Calling sorts out the route...

    Over to you, John.
    I agree.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  5. #15
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oxford Canal
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I think we should seriously consider a London visit. John's suggestion of pubs along the 38 bus route sounds intriguing. And I know he'll want to do it on a Saturday, since he's always the first to oppose Friday crawls. So how about Saturday 25th March? But only if London Calling sorts out the route...

    Over to you, John.
    Saturday 25th March would work well for me.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  6. #16
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brentford
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    Sounds like a good date to me.As most of us have done the more famous pubs around London it would have to be a mix of tried and trusted or maybe lesser rarely visited pubs.The 38 can be picked up at Piccadilly and then heads north then east but we would end up at the far east to finish.The alternative is start at the east. cheers

  7. #17
    On The Road To Somewhere Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    There abouts
    Posts
    3,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Sounds like a good date to me.As most of us have done the more famous pubs around London it would have to be a mix of tried and trusted or maybe lesser rarely visited pubs.The 38 can be picked up at Piccadilly and then heads north then east but we would end up at the far east to finish.The alternative is start at the east. cheers
    I would say start east/north then head central.
    Easier to get home.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  8. #18
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I would say start east/north then head central.
    Easier to get home.
    Indeed
    Come On You Hatters!

  9. #19
    Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Oxford Canal
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I would say start east/north then head central.
    Easier to get home.
    Agreed ,and if we are starting in Clapton there is a very regular Overground service there from Liverpool Street which takes 10 minutes.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

  10. #20
    Please give generously Quinno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    London suits me

Similar Threads

  1. Penzance crawl 18.6.11
    By gillhalfpint in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-06-2011, 09:45
  2. The 142 Bus Route Crawl
    By Millay in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 12:08
  3. Stamford Pub Crawl.
    By gillhalfpint in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 23:38
  4. Now this is a pub crawl !!
    By Delboy20 in forum Pub Crawls
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-11-2009, 14:40
  5. My new pub crawl Oct 5th
    By hopwas in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-09-2007, 11:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •