Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Next PuG pub crawl(s)

This Space For Hire

I had a smashing day, good company, good pubs, good weather and bloody good beer.Didnt have a dud beer all day. Cheers john

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Didnt have a dud beer all day. Cheers john
    Same here.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I had a smashing day, good company, good pubs, good weather and bloody good beer.Didnt have a dud beer all day. Cheers john
    Thanks for developing the route, John. I had a really good day. One dud beer - at the Brewhouse and Kitchen near the Angel: their own Watchmaker 5.5% was horrendously sweet and almost undrinkable. Apart from that, excellent beers everywhere we went.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170325_153019.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	724.5 KB 
ID:	1462

Prize for best t shirt of the day!
    'I only drink on two occasions, when I'm thirsty and when I'm not'
    Brendan Behan

Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Ray View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170325_153019.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	724.5 KB 
ID:	1462

Prize for best t shirt of the day!
    Does what it says on the can.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

[QUOTE=sheffield hatter;86486]Thanks for developing the route, John. I had a really good day. One dud beer
    I thought we decided to give that pub the elbow? Me,Tris ,Ray Fiona went to 2 other pubs. Superb conditioned beer again.

At risk of pedantry, shouldn't this thread be renamed ('Latest' or 'Previous' Crawl?) and a new one started for 'Next Crawl'?

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    At risk of pedantry, shouldn't this thread be renamed ('Latest' or 'Previous' Crawl?) and a new one started for 'Next Crawl'?
    Yeah, you're right. And it's not pedantic. Anyway, next crawl:

Suggestions that have been made include Lancaster (that was me - see #1 in this thread); Stockport (Old Boots - see #98 in this thread); by train from Shrewsbury to Wolverhampton (getting off at appropriate stations to check out the pubs, obviously) (Aqualung - see #10 in this thread); Ludlow (Tris39 - see #2 in this other thread); Cambridge or Lincoln (Maldenman - see #8 in yet another thread). Some of these have had their pros and cons chewed over previously, but no harm in revisiting. Glaring omissions: Manchester & Sheffield Perhaps too many people who go on these crawls have "done" them already? And how about Birmingham again? I know quite a few regulars had not joined PuG when the group visited Brum in 2010, or like me had only recently joined. It at least has the advantage of being fairly easy of access by train from a good chunk of the country.

Any comments? Any other suggestions?

Dates? How about reverting to our usual Friday - I suggest 30th June, 7th or 14th July - just to get the ball rolling.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Yeah, you're right. And it's not pedantic. Anyway, next crawl:

Suggestions that have been made include Lancaster (that was me - see #1 in this thread); Stockport (Old Boots - see #98 in this thread); by train from Shrewsbury to Wolverhampton (getting off at appropriate stations to check out the pubs, obviously) (Aqualung - see #10 in this thread); Ludlow (Tris39 - see #2 in this other thread); Cambridge or Lincoln (Maldenman - see #8 in yet another thread). Some of these have had their pros and cons chewed over previously, but no harm in revisiting. Glaring omissions: Manchester & Sheffield Perhaps too many people who go on these crawls have "done" them already? And how about Birmingham again? I know quite a few regulars had not joined PuG when the group visited Brum in 2010, or like me had only recently joined. It at least has the advantage of being fairly easy of access by train from a good chunk of the country.

Any comments? Any other suggestions?

Dates? How about reverting to our usual Friday - I suggest 30th June, 7th or 14th July - just to get the ball rolling.
    Like the sound of Brum or Manchester or indeed Sheffield, all places unexplored for me and need investigating, It will of course come down to costings re-train travel, hopefully there will be some deals to be had.
    I still prefer a Saturday as its easier and generally cheaper travel-wise, but needs must.
    -W.C.Fields

It probably should be a new thread called something like PuG pub crawl summer 2017.

July is out for me, (in Ireland first week, at a wedding second week, Camra thing third week, work fourth week). August 4th or 11th look good for Fridays. All the listed venues are possible for me except probably Ludlow, I will be in Ludlow, Shrewsbury, and Wolverhampton (probably twice) in September. Cambridge could be difficult without an overnighter, Lancaster is tight due to limited trains from Leeds. I've done Sheffield to the death but always happy to revisit. Manchester and Brum are easy for travel and Lincoln is just do-able.

Is it North or Midlands this time? I've lost track being a grumpy old git who's senile.

Edit: Just worked it out, it's Midlands surely?
    Last edited by oldboots; 12-04-2017 at 19:50.