Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Problem adding to existing area

Default Problem adding to existing area

I can remember reporting this problem a few years back. I have just added a pub that I visited when out cycling yesterday: Keld Lodge Hotel. When adding, I got the message "Keld exists as a village in this location", or some such. However, when it came to adding the pub to Keld area, I got a message saying "This town already has an area with the name Keld. It contains the following pubs: Tan Hill Inn at Tan Hill. If this is the area you meant please click here to add pub to area." The problem is that the "click here" button is greyed out and not clickable. So I can't add the pub to the area.

I suppose one solution would be to remove Tan Hill Inn from the Keld area (it's several miles away, which may be at the root of the problem), create a "new" Keld area for the Keld Lodge Hotel, and then create a new area for the Tan Hill Inn. Can anyone suggest a better way out of this problem?

PS After adding another pub at Thwaite, further down the valley, I was able to go back and add this one to Swaledale, but I still want add it to Keld, too!
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 26-10-2016 at 18:04.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I can remember reporting this problem a few years back. I have just added a pub that I visited when out cycling yesterday: Keld Lodge Hotel. When adding, I got the message "Keld exists as a village in this location", or some such. However, when it came to adding the pub to Keld area, I got a message saying "This town already has an area with the name Keld. It contains the following pubs: Tan Hill Inn at Tan Hill. If this is the area you meant please click here to add pub to area." The problem is that the "click here" button is greyed out and not clickable. So I can't add the pub to the area.

I suppose one solution would be to remove Tan Hill Inn from the Keld area (it's several miles away, which may be at the root of the problem), create a "new" Keld area for the Keld Lodge Hotel, and then create a new area for the Tan Hill Inn. Can anyone suggest a better way out of this problem?

PS After adding another pub at Thwaite, further down the valley, I was able to go back and add this one to Swaledale, but I still want add it to Keld, too!
    I think the problem is the distance from the other pub(s) already in the area, with perhaps 5 km being the cut-off.

Anyway, taking the Tan Hill Inn out of 'Keld' did allow the Keld Lodge Hotel to be added but that then leaves the second pub with the same problem (which I solved by adding 'Tan Hill' as a new area).

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I think the problem is the distance from the other pub(s) already in the area, with perhaps 5 km being the cut-off.
    Yes, that's what's causing it, all right. But there's a button to press, which is obviously meant to solve this issue. If the button is greyed out, there is presumably something wrong with the code, and that should be fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Anyway, taking the Tan Hill Inn out of 'Keld' did allow the Keld Lodge Hotel to be added but that then leaves the second pub with the same problem (which I solved by adding 'Tan Hill' as a new area).
    I thought of that, too. However, having Tan Hill as "area served" doesn't really work for me, as the pub is the only building at Tan Hill! I suppose it's more accurate than having it "serve" Keld, which is miles away down in the valley.
    Come On You Hatters!