Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: New phone picture upload problems

Default New phone picture upload problems

Just upgraded to a new phone and the first two pub pictures I've tried to upload to the main site end up on their side. They were right way up when moved from phone to PC , have tried flipping on pc then uploading to pug but to no avail. Any insight anyone?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Just upgraded to a new phone and the first two pub pictures I've tried to upload to the main site end up on their side. They were right way up when moved from phone to PC , have tried flipping on pc then uploading to pug but to no avail. Any insight anyone?
    Depends on what you mean by "flipping" (which may just temporarily rotate the picture in whatever viewer you are using), but I think you will need to use a photo-editing program to rotate and then re-save the image - this what I have to do when I take portrait-orientation images on mobile (although my camera does this automatically).

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "flipping" (which may just temporarily rotate the picture in whatever viewer you are using), but I think you will need to use a photo-editing program to rotate and then re-save the image - this what I have to do when I take portrait-orientation images on mobile (although my camera does this automatically).
    Thanks, I will investigate.
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Thanks, I will investigate.
    Success ,it appears it was just down to size, once edited down they appeared right way up.
    -W.C.Fields

Success ,it appears it was just down to size, once edited down they appeared right way up.
    If you use something like Picasa, just saving the picture in the correct orientation should be enough. I don't think size has anything to do with it (but then I would say that, wouldn't I).
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    If you use something like Picasa, just saving the picture in the correct orientation should be enough. I don't think size has anything to do with it (but then I would say that, wouldn't I).
    That's right, just re-saving it should do the trick (whatever your size!).

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    So it's true, size doesn't matter
    -W.C.Fields