Ads not shown when logged in
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Long time approving photos

  1. #1
    Glass Half Empty
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Clapham, SW4
    Posts
    182

    Post Long time approving photos

    Hi,

    A couple of photos I have uploaded seem to take a long time to be approved, most of them I deleted, thinking there must be something wrong with them. At the moment, I have one awaiting approval for Crown & Pepper in Bromley. Another 3 of the same pub were accepted very quickly.
    Am I doing something wrong?

    Thanks

    Arthurish

  2. #2
    Roving RAT ROBCamra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    5,002

    Default

    The outstanding one on the Crown & Pepper has been referred to Dave. So I can't see it anymore.

    It was almost certainly because the photo had been loaded with the incorrect alignment.

    i.e. it was on it's side

    This happena quite a lot,
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

  3. #3
    Glass Half Empty
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Clapham, SW4
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    The outstanding one on the Crown & Pepper has been referred to Dave. So I can't see it anymore.

    It was almost certainly because the photo had been loaded with the incorrect alignment.

    i.e. it was on it's side

    This happena quite a lot,
    Hi,
    It was not on its side, I've even checked the raw image, which I cropped this one from. The image is the correct way up.
    It was photographed on a Pentax SLR camera Landscape.
    Arthurish

  4. #4
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Not had an issue with photos, but I do have a few alterations outstanding, some for several months.

  5. #5
    Roving RAT ROBCamra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    5,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    Not had an issue with photos, but I do have a few alterations outstanding, some for several months.
    What kind of alterations?

    I don't think there's anything outstsanding that we can do.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

  6. #6
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    The Northern Seaman

    Pub has a request to be removed from area Chatham Central
    Cancel

    Pub has a request to be shown in area Rochester Town
    Cancel

    Pub has a request to be shown associated with postal town area
    Cancel

  7. #7
    Pub researcher (unpaid) rpadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the Low Weald
    Posts
    3,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    The Northern Seaman

    Pub has a request to be removed from area Chatham Central
    Cancel

    Pub has a request to be shown in area Rochester Town
    Cancel

    Pub has a request to be shown associated with postal town area
    Cancel
    I think Dave is the only one who can sort out these 'This change has been referred to admin' items.

  8. #8
    Roving RAT ROBCamra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    5,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I think Dave is the only one who can sort out these 'This change has been referred to admin' items.
    Is it not in Chatham anyway?

    That's probably why it's been referred.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

  9. #9
    This Space For Hire Wittenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Weald of Kent
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Is it not in Chatham anyway?

    That's probably why it's been referred.
    Chatham end of Rochester High Street.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

  10. #10
    Humble Wordsmith ETA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Normally Somerset, sometimes on a yacht.
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Chatham end of Rochester High Street.
    ME1 postcode as well. I think Chatham would have been a ME4.

Similar Threads

  1. One time rant, one time biased review/defence from 5 years ago
    By bcfczuluarmy in forum Report a review
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-12-2015, 23:52
  2. A few thoughts on approving photos
    By oldboots in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 09:54
  3. A few thoughts on approving photos
    By oldboots in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-07-2014, 21:05
  4. Photos of long-demolished pub.
    By Tris39 in forum That Doesn't Go There!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2014, 18:35
  5. The Pub Curmudgeon - What time is time?
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 14:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •