Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: runningdog

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Default runningdog

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    Well, your worst nightmare is back, I'm broke, bloody, but not bowed. Me cars written off and so is me bank balance. But I do have a good early runner for BotW,
    Come on rd, that was a most intriguing comment to leave us hanging on (early Apr). Que pasa?
    Hope things are ok old chum...

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Good spot tm, that is a bit worrying.

He hasn't actually visited the forum in the intervening time whilst logged in either. I'll leave it a couple of days in case anyone knows where he is, but I'll drop him and email if no one tells me not to in a couple of days.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

It would be crass to say that we know anyone from their input into the forums. However,I think it's fair to say you can often get a sense of a person. 'rd' always strikes me as one of those contributors I'd like to meet up with, particularly after what 'oldboots' told me, following their encounter. Knowing that 'T' has not had the best of health in the past, I too was beginning to feel a little concerned. Hope all is well. We've missed your strong, dark ale eulogies.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

One of the sites kind informants has been in touch with runningdog and believes he doesn't want to chat at the moment.

I'm not going to speculate beyond that (and will delete any that appears in this thread as I don't think it is the place).

Just in case rd is reading this though, just to say your comment is missed and hope to see you back soon.

Best wishes RD - hope you're back with us soon - I'll raise a pint for you tonight!

Keep the Faith RD . This is one place you are always welcome.

Thanks for the kind words, lads, and, in particular whoever it was that got in touch yesterday, My health isn't a problem, but me bank balance is, on account I don't have one anymore. Poverty and trying to earn a living again is a bit of a shock now I'm in me dotage. Well, you did ask!
    Buying a pint is something I have to think about now, but that hasn't stopped me trying now and then. Not many necked in the last couple of months, some of them have been unadulterated crap, I use the term on purpose as a couple have been a lot worse than piss, but there have a fair few crackers as well. I'll head off now to the BOTW thread, cast me vote for the week.
    Once again, thanks for the wake up call, I have no intention to be a stranger any longer.
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

RD join the club. After 40yrs work I am considered no longer employable. It comes as a shock not being able to get around as me and the late mrs did.I come and go in more sense than one but I am back again. Keep with it RD.

I was out for 10 months and my so called fantastic new 2 year contract ends tomorrow after 9 weeks as it has been send to a low cost center, sorry I meant high value center, in Mumbai. Can't do another 10 months!
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Welcome back rd - you're never a stranger in you local no matter how long you're away.