Ads not shown when logged in
Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing and 'in peril' breweries

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Another bunch of average to poor brewers gone to the wall.
    I've only had three of their beers, so not a huge sample, but two of them I found to be pretty good and the other had a bit of an odd taste to it. May or may not have been the brewery's fault, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Another bunch of average to poor brewers gone to the wall.
    Never heard of them!
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Never heard of them!
    Looking in the back of the GBG, there are hundreds I've never heard of and will never see. Without guaranteed routes to market they're going to find it very difficult in the years to come. Also, no guarantee that folk will want to drink 'em!
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

They have been around for a good few years.Had about 3 of there beers and cant recall any so just average imo.The bar is getting set higher by the really good breweries so I think the breweries that have muddled along for years are most at risk.I notice the lack of variety in London pubs this last year .The pubs that used to take any old crap as long as it was cheap seem to be disappearing apart from Wetherspoons.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Had about 3 of there beers and cant recall any so just average imo.
    I found 4 on my BOTW list and I don't remember anything about them. There are a few micros in the NW that have been around a long time (I'm not suggesting they are any better) that probably have quite a grip on the market. I can think of three, Moorhouse, Coach House & Phoenix. They are certainly common in JDWs. On the Crafty side I believe that Marble have been brewing for some time.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I found 4 on my BOTW list and I don't remember anything about them. There are a few micros in the NW that have been around a long time (I'm not suggesting they are any better) that probably have quite a grip on the market. I can think of three, Moorhouse, Coach House & Phoenix. They are certainly common in JDWs. On the Crafty side I believe that Marble have been brewing for some time.
    Had plenty of good pints from Phoenix but the other two no way.I am amazed that Coach House have kept going as I rate them as one of my least fav breweries.

Just Missed the Round

I am amazed that Coach House have kept going as I rate them as one of my least fav breweries.
    I've had a few Coach House beers within living memory. I found their Lemon & Ginger and Plum beers to be fairly good, but the others I have had have been pretty unremarkable.

Just Missed the Round

Going back to one of the previous posts about Bradford Brewery folding, looks like EYES Brewing are set to take over the site of the former Bradford Brewery.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....wery-building/

No indication that they will be reviving any of the Bradford beers and looks like they will be using the site for their own brewing operations.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    I've had a few Coach House beers within living memory. I found their Lemon & Ginger and Plum beers to be fairly good, but the others I have had have been pretty unremarkable.
    Ealing beer fest usually has about 10 beers on from Coach House all with fruit flavouring and they are very popular with the younger crowd who attend Camra fests but don't really like the taste of beer.

Just Missed the Round

Ealing beer fest usually has about 10 beers on from Coach House all with fruit flavouring and they are very popular with the younger crowd who attend Camra fests but don't really like the taste of beer.
    I like to try something a bit different every now and then, so those have ticked the box for me.