Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing and 'in peril' breweries

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Tickety Brew have hung their boots up, the few beers I tried didn't blow me away.
    From reading elsewhere, you'd have thought they were the second coming!

This Space For Hire

Had quite a few from Tickety and were definitely hit and miss but the Lemon Drizzle I had a month ago was one of the best beers I have ever had.I read a few weeks ago that they are continuing but not on their own kit.

Just Missed the Round

I've had a few Ticketybrew beers, most were purchased in bottle form and I found them to be pretty decent. The only thing I would say is that I had two different beers of theirs that exploded as soon as they were opened. One of them resulted in me having to clean my front room ceiling, and I live in an old house with high ceilings. I was not amused. Neither were past their expiry date or been shaken or anything like that. I sent them a message on their "contact us" form on their web site at the time and I didn't even get an acknowledgement. I wasn't expecting a freebie or anything but just wanted to make them aware they may have an issue. They went downhill in my estimation when I heard nothing back from them and the only Ticketybrew beers I bought after that were on cask (where dispense is not my problem) or from a £1 bargain bin, as I didn't want to risk shelling out another £3 and risk losing most of the bottle again.

For Bradford Brewery there is a rather poor article here - http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...rewery-closes/ - the comments section is worth a read though a lot of it may be pure speculation and personal opinion. I wonder what will happen of the Exchange Ale House, as that was apparently owned by Bradford Brewery (though CAMRA's WhatPub page has conflicting information on this).

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    I've had a few Ticketybrew beers, most were purchased in bottle form and I found them to be pretty decent. The only thing I would say is that I had two different beers of theirs that exploded as soon as they were opened. One of them resulted in me having to clean my front room ceiling, and I live in an old house with high ceilings. I was not amused. Neither were past their expiry date or been shaken or anything like that. I sent them a message on their "contact us" form on their web site at the time and I didn't even get an acknowledgement. I wasn't expecting a freebie or anything but just wanted to make them aware they may have an issue. They went downhill in my estimation when I heard nothing back from them and the only Ticketybrew beers I bought after that were on cask (where dispense is not my problem) or from a £1 bargain bin, as I didn't want to risk shelling out another £3 and risk losing most of the bottle again.

For Bradford Brewery there is a rather poor article here - http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...rewery-closes/ - the comments section is worth a read though a lot of it may be pure speculation and personal opinion. I wonder what will happen of the Exchange Ale House, as that was apparently owned by Bradford Brewery (though CAMRA's WhatPub page has conflicting information on this).
    Looks like nobody misses Bradford brewery and suggests that the beer was pretty poor.

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Looks like nobody misses Bradford brewery and suggests that the beer was pretty poor.
    I never made it to the Bradford Brewery venue, though nearly did when I was last in Bradford. Looks like I have missed my chance now. I did, however, have their Ivegate Stout in the Exchange Ale House and I thought it was a pretty decent ale to be honest. Can't comment on any of their other stuff as this was the first (and presumably last) time I have had one of their beers, but based on a sample of one I would have been happy to try some more.

Apparently Little Beer Corporation from Guildford has stopped trading and the business is up for sale.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Apparently Little Beer Corporation from Guildford has stopped trading and the business is up for sale.
    Not surprised.Dont think I have had any decent beers from them.

Default HardKnott

"it can be almost impossible to actually make that final decision that the end of that road has finally been reached"
    http://hardknott.blogspot.com/
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Another bunch of average to poor brewers gone to the wall.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas