Ads not shown when logged in
Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing and 'in peril' breweries

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I also no longer have my pub bore staple story of how I named the Space Hoppy and that my original idea was for it to have a spring-mounted space hopper on the front of the pump clip which would then bounce up and down as the beer was pulled.
    A trip down memory lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I also no longer have my pub bore staple story of how I named the Space Hoppy and that my original idea was for it to have a spring-mounted space hopper on the front of the pump clip which would then bounce up and down as the beer was pulled.
    Yawn.... , actually Space Hoppy wasn't too bad, hope you didn't have anything to do with Hot Dog though.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Sly Beast who brew at the Ram in Wandsworth are to remove the brewkit as the pub has been bought by another company.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

A sad day around Shropshire as the Wood Brewery has closed today at very short notice , they were still delivering last week . It was one of the first wave of the Small Real Ale breweries to emerge opening in 1980 .
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    A sad day around Shropshire as the Wood Brewery has closed today at very short notice , they were still delivering last week . It was one of the first wave of the Small Real Ale breweries to emerge opening in 1980 .
    Sad news indeed. The brewers of Shropshire Lad (and Shropshire Lass, too). Shropshire just won't be the same. Strangely, on their Facebook page they don't explain why they have closed, but the first commenter says they understand why...
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Sad news indeed. The brewers of Shropshire Lad (and Shropshire Lass, too). Shropshire just won't be the same. Strangely, on their Facebook page they don't explain why they have closed, but the first commenter says they understand why...
    They informed a couple of local pubs that due to continuing unfavourable trading conditions they were closing immediately. I reported that they were going into administration in 2014 so they have struggled on for a few years since.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    I found the attached Wood Brewery memento on the wall of the Eight Jolly Brewers in Gainsborough today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Come On You Hatters!

Quite a bit of activity on Twitter at the weekend regarding redundancies and pay cuts at Cloudwater. Not come across them myself.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Quite a bit of activity on Twitter at the weekend regarding redundancies and pay cuts at Cloudwater. Not come across them myself.
    Had their Brown Ale last week - probably the dullest beer I've ever drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Had their Brown Ale last week - probably the dullest beer I've ever drunk.
    Isn't this often the case with brewers who think that beers are all about hops? When they try to brew something with lower hopping rates, they feel lost and end up brewing something boring. I had a similar experience with Northern Monk's Great Northern Bitter a couple of weeks ago: dreadfully dull.
    Come On You Hatters!