Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: 1001 Beers to Try Before You Die challenge

Default 1001 Beers to Try Before You Die challenge

Hi all,

A plug for my mate James' challenge, he is drinking and reviewing all the beers in the 1001 Beers to Try Before You Die book by Adrian Tierney-Jones. I have been a guest reviewer on some as well

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW1...Qc39zlqRYqjoKw

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Hi all,

A plug for my mate James' challenge, he is drinking and reviewing all the beers in the 1001 Beers to Try Before You Die book by Adrian Tierney-Jones. I have been a guest reviewer on some as well

Great challenge,how long does James expect it to take ? Is sourcing a problem ?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Hi all,

I hope he's not going to take the title literally once he has achieved it.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

I notice some of them beers are on my 101 beers you should die rather than try list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucking Fastard View Post
    Great challenge,how long does James expect it to take ? Is sourcing a problem ?
    About 3-5 years to complete. So far sourcing isn't too much of an issue (if you're willing to pay!).

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    I notice some of them beers are on my 101 beers you should die rather than try list.

Ha! ha!!! I wouldn't expect anything else from a list produced by a self proclaimed expert aka beer journalist. These people are a clique of self perpetuating numptys who drink their dimple mug halves of boring brown beer with their small finger sticking out and uttering such at load of cobblers that they wouldn't even use in Real Ale Twats as it wouldn't be funny.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    These people are a clique of self perpetuating numptys who drink their dimple mug halves of boring brown beer with their small finger sticking out and uttering such at load of cobblers that they wouldn't even use in Real Ale Twats as it wouldn't be funny.

Sounds like an apt description of the PuG crawlers on a good day.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

I picked up a second hand copy last week, and was not too impressed-too many flash in the pan beers ('first brewed in 2006...' ) How many of these are still around? Bit like Ratebeer-too US centred.
    I have to admit I don't drink "abroad" very much:there's too much good stuff brewed here, and it seems ridiculous to fetch what is virtually water half way round the world. But hey, I'm a largely miserable green.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

Any list is a challenge to some people/OCDites like me for doing everything that appeals... Not that I'd partake in this given my present to my dad was returned regarding the 301 BTTBYD as he already had it and ticked a fair few.

This Space For Hire

Your mate James has set himself a difficult challenge.I have looked at that list on Ratebeer and some of them are hard to get and expensive.The top rater on Ratebeer for these beers is Danish and he has tried 859.If he can get to 200 that would be a great total and anymore than that would be immense .Good luck to him. cheers