Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enough already!

Default Enough already!

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/21864/

SEVEN pictures of a fecking pizza express, FFS it closed as a pub years ago.

NO MORE!

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    SEVEN pictures of a fecking pizza express, FFS it closed as a pub years ago.
    I agree. After Blackthorn's picture in 2011, why would anyone want to go back and take another? Oh look, it's Graham Mason, Peter Ashworth and John McGraw, engaged in their private battle at the top of the photographers league table. I admit to having photographed closed pubs myself, but I don't go around looking for them, just to boost my stats.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I agree. After Blackthorn's picture in 2011, why would anyone want to go back and take another? Oh look, it's Graham Mason, Peter Ashworth and John McGraw, engaged in their private battle at the top of the photographers league table. I admit to having photographed closed pubs myself, but I don't go around looking for them, just to boost my stats.
    Damn! I was very near there recently and could have taken a pic! I would question whether it was the right decision to add it as a pub that was already closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I would question whether it was the right decision to add it as a pub that was already closed.
    The serial number of this pub (21864) indicates that it was on the original database, so it was almost certainly open at the time it was added to the site.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    The serial number of this pub (21864) indicates that it was on the original database, so it was almost certainly open at the time it was added to the site.
    OK fair enough, I was looking at the log of amendments which doesn't show when it was added.

This Space For Hire

At least Peter Ashworth got 2 cars and a pizza restaurant in his photo.Well done that man.

OK Fellows I get the message. No more ancient closed pub submissions perhaps the odd recently closed ones. Below is the % ratio of closed pubs to open ones for the top ten photographers.

Grahame Mason 41.1
    John Magraw 33.5
    Jim Newell 24.6
    Alan Winfield 23.7
    Wayne Route 23.4
    Peter Ashworth 21.7
    Johnathon Wilde 20
    Will Larter 19.3
    Blackthorn 10.1
    Quinno 7.8

This Space For Hire

But those percentages will show pictures of when some were open so is deceptive to some extent.

Yes I know the majority of the list do not go out of there way to take photos of closed pubs I was just pointing out that I was not the worst offender.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rover View Post
    Yes I know the majority of the list do not go out of there way to take photos of closed pubs I was just pointing out that I was not the worst offender.
    Not the worst by a long chalk!
    Come On You Hatters!