Default Camerons

"Camerons has acquired the seven-strong"
    http://eatoutmagazine.co.uk/camerons...ery-pub-estate
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "Camerons has acquired the seven-strong"
    http://eatoutmagazine.co.uk/camerons...ery-pub-estate
    Didn't see that one coming. I wonder why they decided to sell? Too good an offer I suppose.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Didn't see that one coming. I wonder why they decided to sell? Too good an offer I suppose.
    To be honest I don't rate either.

I rate the Head of Steam pubs that Camerons operate, so hopefully they'll do a good job with these venues too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    I rate the Head of Steam pubs that Camerons operate, so hopefully they'll do a good job with these venues too.
    Sorry, I liked the HOS in Huddersfield but I was thinking more about the beers produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Sorry, I liked the HOS in Huddersfield but I was thinking more about the beers produced.
    Yes, I can't say either brewery sets the pulse racing, but having said that, the Leeds Brewery pubs I've been to have all been pretty good and normally have a few decent guests on. Hopefully that policy will remain.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    To be honest I don't rate either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Yes, I can't say either brewery sets the pulse racing, but having said that, the Leeds Brewery pubs I've been to have all been pretty good and normally have a few decent guests on. Hopefully that policy will remain.
    I agree. However, I do have a bit of a soft spot for a decent pint of Strongarm, as it was one of my gateway beers back in the seventies. Leeds, after a promising start, have remained pretty safe and mainstream. I like Midnight Bell, but otherwise I can take or leave their beers.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire

I agree not fond of either but have had superb pints of Strongarm years ago and Midnight Bell is still the best beer from Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I agree. However, I do have a bit of a soft spot for a decent pint of Strongarm, as it was one of my gateway beers back in the seventies. Leeds, after a promising start, have remained pretty safe and mainstream. I like Midnight Bell, but otherwise I can take or leave their beers.
    Agree with Strongarm-in Co Durham in the mid 70s it was a rare and welcome treat. I also remember a Cameron's very low abv beer- something like Malt Ale. It wasn't popular with the CAMRA massif, but I enjoyed it, partly because it was so weak it didn't trouble the rozzers, and in fact it was quite tasty for the time and place. Also enjoyed a CAMRA trip round the brewery in Hartlepool.
    Only tried Yorkshire Gold : predictable for the time and place...
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.