Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 16 May 2010)

Real Ale Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    As for Grailhunter - you were well and truly fleeced!
    Seems like I was. This was in Oxford where prices have always been at London level but at the moment it feels like they are quite often even higher. Those students and tourists have got a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    A disappointing week, beer wise. A 36 hour flying visit to London saw me have four very average beers in three different pubs. Unbelievably, one of the the worst was in the Market Porter, Borough- a pub I'd been looking forward to visiting for ages. I think I must have been very unlucky with the choice (Springhead 'Charlie's Angel') but what was concerning was the temperature it was served at i.e. very cold.
    After the four hour drive home, the pint of Leeds Brewery 'Pale' in my village local knocked spots off the rest and is my BOTW.
    I tried to get into the Market Porter a couple of Saturdays ago, but it was closed for a private party. Annoying or what? Most of the beer I drank in the area at that time was too damn cold!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    I tried to get into the Market Porter a couple of Saturdays ago, but it was closed for a private party. Annoying or what? Most of the beer I drank in the area at that time was too damn cold!
    Funny you should say that. When we visited on Saturday, it was closing at five, probably for a similar reason. The MP was the second destination pub I've visited where I've been disappointed, but on the basis of having to drink outside and only having one pint I don't think I could review it with any objectivity.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Brewdog beers are always going to be a bit more expensive simply because most of them are way above average strength ( I note your Punk IPA is a 6%'er). On my recent Bree Louise trip I thought the prices were pretty reasonable after the CAMRA discount.
    The Bree Louise redeemed themselves a bit last night, I still paid a discounted £3.20 but it was for the Brewdog Hardcore IPA which comes in at a whopping 9.2%
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.