Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Peacock, Iden Green

Default Peacock, Iden Green

"Inn" is unnecessary in this pub's name, but there is also a problem with the address because there are two different places called Iden Green under the post town of Cranbrook:

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/54916/

This pub is actuallly near Goudhurst, which is itself a 'village' under the post town of Cranbrook.

NB - Many miles away, this other pub is listed under the separate 'village' called Iden Green which is near Benenden:

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/15811/

One answer would be to have separate 'villages' called "Iden Green (Goudhurst)" and "Iden Green (Benenden)" if that's not too complicated.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi rpadam,

We have corrected the name of The Peacock.

Looking at the map for the two pubs it is not clear that The Peacock is even in an area called Iden Green, I am more inclined to just move that one to Goudhurst and pretend there is only one area called Iden Green round Cranbrook. Adding another place in brackets seems a little bit messy, but also will affect the way the page is read by search engines (as in may make them look like the bracketed place) and make the links from the Cranbrook page a little confusing as they are in a small font and tightly clustered.

Let me know if that isn't going to work, I will try and think if there is maybe another way to present it, or it may be that what you have suggested is the best way to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Hi rpadam,

We have corrected the name of The Peacock.

Looking at the map for the two pubs it is not clear that The Peacock is even in an area called Iden Green, I am more inclined to just move that one to Goudhurst and pretend there is only one area called Iden Green round Cranbrook. Adding another place in brackets seems a little bit messy, but also will affect the way the page is read by search engines (as in may make them look like the bracketed place) and make the links from the Cranbrook page a little confusing as they are in a small font and tightly clustered.

Let me know if that isn't going to work, I will try and think if there is maybe another way to present it, or it may be that what you have suggested is the best way to deal with it.
    I thought you might say that , and this would have been my second suggestion as the 'other' Iden Green is certainly a bigger place.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

We have moved the Peacock to Goudhurst.

Thanks for that.