Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beer and football - a match made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    You're drawn away to the Hatters in the League Cup - 10th August - but it's on Sky, if you don't fancy a midweek trip to Luton.
    I am hoping to go to Luton - I need to get the afternoon of work and i would have to go by coach to get back the same night .... not good for a pub crawl ...

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I spent a couple of hours in Bristol last year. I only went in 2 of the spoons - The Knights Templar and the Commercial rooms - I would like to do the others.
    There are eleven in the directory plus a new one at Portishead which seems to be quite a way out. The V Shed was my third one and not far from the Commercial Rooms but it's a horrible Lloyds. Your two and this one are the only ones in "Central" Bristol. I put that in quotes as I don't know the place. Come to think of it I don't have a clue where either of the two grounds are. The fact there are two is the limit of my knowledge!
    I got a bus most of the way to studenty Clifton where the Berrkely and WG Grace are. I've no idea at all where the others are but I hope I may be able to get round them in a day! I got a train back to Temple Meads from near the WG Grace but it seemed to take for ever.

I am hoping to go to Luton - I need to get the afternoon of work and i would have to go by coach to get back the same night .... not good for a pub crawl ...
    There are not enough good pubs in Luton to make a crawl...

...though maybe living in Sheffield has spoiled me!
    Come On You Hatters!

Spritzer Swallower

Leicester City fan here. I am currently, and have been for the past 15 months or so, in a state of Nirvana regarding the unbelievable achievements our club has made. Away matches I am looking forward to next season are, obviously the European trips, will not know until 25th August where they are yet but personally favour Ajax, Seville, Napoli, Roma or any of the German Cities. A nice little pre season, with trips to Celtic, Barcelona in Stockholm & Paris SG in LA (can only afford the Celtic trip as cash needed for champions league)are in contrast to last seasons pre season tour, Rotherham, Mansfield, Lincoln & Burton. As for the league, only Middlesbrough I've not been to yet & to celebrate I am treating Mrs Boots to a "once in a lifetime" weekend away to the North Riding hotel in Scarborough for New year followed by M'Boro on 2nd January. Other days out looked forward to will be Hammers away at their new stadium, though probably will drink elsewhere in London & Arsenal with the usual pre & post match crawl around the Islington area. And Liverpool is always a good trip. Flipping heck, I cannot believe I am here typing all this "big time Charlie" stuff, it will not last forever but while it does.............. cheers Claudio.

Quote Originally Posted by Boots60 View Post
    I am treating Mrs Boots to a "once in a lifetime" weekend away to the North Riding hotel in Scarborough for New year followed by M'Boro on 2nd January.
    Say hello to Stuart & Karen for us.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    There are not enough good pubs in Luton to make a crawl...

...though maybe living in Sheffield has spoiled me!
    According to the Luton site the Oak road stand is away fans only - does that mean we will get about 1500 tickets ?

I am a salmon !!

According to the Luton site the Oak road stand is away fans only - does that mean we will get about 1500 tickets ?
    It's away fans only for this game. I'm not sure what its capacity is these days - I think it used to be 1800 but maybe 1500 is nearer the mark now. For normal games the stand is split between a small section for away fans and the rest which is available to home fans. It's where I like to be, because in the old days it was the terrace for home fans!
    Come On You Hatters!

With the season fast approaching and the fixtures out it is time to pick out some away trips.

I know I am not the only one whose life revolves around the match most Saturdays so what games / towns are you most looking forward to next season ?

As you all know the mighty Villa are heading into a whole new world so I am looking forward to a few new trips.

I am looking to do Brighton, Bristol City and Preston - all new grounds to me. I am a bit gutted that Brentford away is a midweek game, as is Huddersfield ( although I may do an overnighter for that one )

Cheers,

Del.
    Well the season is over and time to reflect!

I managed to do 4 new grounds to me. Bristol city and Preston - day trips. Brentford and Rotherham - overnighters.

Quite pleased with that and already planning next season. Only 4 grounds I haven't been to - Sunderland, Derby, Fulham and Millwall.

Del

I am a salmon !!

My two favourites are Kidderminster and Telford. Fortunately Kidderminster did not get promoted so still got them.

Trouble is, both these venues leave me incapable of concentrating on football!

Havn't got an FC United flag!

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    My two favourites are Kidderminster and Telford. Fortunately Kidderminster did not get promoted so still got them.

Trouble is, both these venues leave me incapable of concentrating on football!

Havn't got an FC United flag!
    AFC Telford v FC United (FA Cup, Oct 14th)

Looks like I am being drawn back to the Oakengates Golden Triangle and the "Luton free" Cock Hotel after we beat the "other" Hatters!