Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Main site glitch/hidden pub

Default Main site glitch/hidden pub

While out for a walk yesterday I came across a pub I hadn't seen before, the New Inn on Carbrook Street in Attercliffe. It had clearly been closed for a long time and appears to be in other use, possibly as offices for one of the nearby businesses. I took a photo, intending to add it to the site. However, I could find no such pub on the Sheffield list. I therefore did a Google search and found an entry on WhatPub, copied the postcode and created a new entry in Pubs Galore. At this point, a match was found to this existing entry: New Inn.

The pub had been added to the area Carbrook back in 2012 by me, but on checking the Carbrook area there was no sign of the pub. I decided to try adding the pub to Attercliffe as well, but afterwards, on checking the Attercliffe area, there was again no sign of the pub. It appears to be "hidden", and in fact the only way I could find it again was to once more create a new entry and wait for the original to be flagged up. (The postcode on WhatPub is incorrect - it should be S9 2JN, as on the PuG entry.)

Can anyone suggest what is going on here?

PS I have since added my photo, and it appears on the Carbrook page under New Carbrook pub pictures, but the pub is still not listed!
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 23-05-2016 at 10:33.
    Come On You Hatters!

New Inn

This one?

I looked up New Inn Sheffield and it was on the list.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 23-05-2016 at 12:51.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

It's not on mine!

Here's a screen print from Chrome and another from Firefox. And another of Carbrook showing my photo of the pub, but the pub's name missing from the list.

I've also done a search for New Inn Sheffield and found the pub, just as you did, and also one other: New Inn, Ecclesall Road. Common factor for these two pubs: both long-closed pubs submitted by Graham Mason with photos that have subsequently been deleted by Admin. I imagine there will be other pubs that fit these criteria - is this a deliberate suppression or an accidental result of the photos being deleted?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Come On You Hatters!

I was using IE when I tried it and it still shows up fine using that.

I've since tried it using Firefox and it isn't listed.

Double.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I can't see it in the Sheffield lists using Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer 11, one for Dave or maybe Conrad, it must be Browser related.

I can see it as a new pub photo on the Carbrook page but not on the Attercliffe page, it's there on the all today photos list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    ...one for Dave or maybe Conrad, it must be Browser related.
    I'm wondering if they had to attach some sort of label to the pub's identity to enable the mass deletion of the copyright photos, and this is what is causing the failure to display the pub in the town/area lists.
    Come On You Hatters!

Wow.

This one is genuinely strange.

I like the idea that the mass deletion has caused it, that was a bit of a bodge job, goodness knows how though.

Ok it turns out that I attached a sort of label to the pubs involved in the mass deletion with an eye to possibly deleting those pub listings at some point, it wasn't supposed to hide them though just tag them for my benefit. I had completely forgotten about that so damn good guess SH.

Clearly they were all long gone ones that were only being added to upload old photos from various archives.

I suspect what I had in mind was to delete most of these listings as they didn't contain anything useful to the site, but saving any that do have something (as the New Inn now does).