Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 50000

Default 50000

We have finally been reduced to exactly 50,000 open pubs on PuG with about another dozen going this week!
    Who is going to shut the next pub and put us into the 40,s? Probably being done now whilst I'm still typing. Or maybe someone has found a couple that have opened to (temporarily) buck the trend.
    Should we mourn our losses or celebrate that we have got the most we will ever have?
    Perhaps just keep supporting them to keep what we can. Gosh, I am feeling thirsty. I must pop out for ...... maybe just one!!

EDIT: Hooray! A new pub has been added, now 50.001!
    Last edited by AlanH; 20-05-2016 at 13:19.

I've just reopened two pubs and added a new one, so we should be on 50,003 now, but your point is valid - it's pretty sad to see numbers still dwindling.

Brewhouse and Kitchen

Brewhouse and Kitchen

The Swan Inn

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    We have finally been reduced to exactly 50,000 open pubs on PuG with about another dozen going this week!
    Who is going to shut the next pub and put us into the 40,s? Probably being done now whilst I'm still typing. Or maybe someone has found a couple that have opened to (temporarily) buck the trend.
    Should we mourn our losses or celebrate that we have got the most we will ever have?
    Perhaps just keep supporting them to keep what we can. Gosh, I am feeling thirsty. I must pop out for ...... maybe just one!!

EDIT: Hooray! A new pub has been added, now 50.001!
    Where's the figure situated? Did you just sum all the open pubs on the counties review page?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Where's the figure situated? Did you just sum all the open pubs on the counties review page?
    You can find the total at the top of this page: http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/stats/reviews-counties.php

I've opened a few more, so up to 50,006 now.

Just think - out of the 50018 open pubs now how many are actually shut / gone but we just don't know ? Must be a fair few.

On a brighter note there are probably quite a few open pubs just not listed on here at all !!

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Just think - out of the 50018 open pubs now how many are actually shut / gone but we just don't know ? Must be a fair few.

On a brighter note there are probably quite a few open pubs just not listed on here at all !!
    Since I noticed that we were down to 50000 pubs and dropping by about 15 to 20 a week, we have a surge up to 50019 pubs. Is this the end of the "pub recession!" Are we going to do a "Leicester"! and win back more pubs. No, of course, it is a vain hope. We will soon be back to normality and losing more than we are winning. More like doing an Aston Villa! (Sorry Delboy, perhaps you could win the Premiership in Two years!)
    As you say, we are probably below 50000 already with closures that we have not spotted in the weaker areas.
    What?ub only have 47,000 open pubs. That is because in their weaker branches, only the Real Ale pubs have been added. Perhaps the true figure is around 49000 open pubs.

50000 is just another number. There are so many chain restaurants and night clubs listed on here that aren't pubs which make any statistics completely meaningless.

Less than 50,000 now.

I'm afraid I discovered several closed pubs in Kettering and Wellingborough.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Less than 50,000 now.

I'm afraid I discovered several closed pubs in Kettering and Wellingborough.
    And I also reported a closed one this week
    I drink to make others more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    What?ub only have 47,000 open pubs. That is because in their weaker branches, only the Real Ale pubs have been added. Perhaps the true figure is around 49000 open pubs.
    ...although they have a few outlets listed that we don't as they aren't really pubs as such.