Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 50000

Quote Originally Posted by ETA View Post
    ...although they have a few outlets listed that we don't as they aren't really pubs as such.
    What Pub probably has more clubs than here (although I have spotted some really pointless ones on here) plus a number of off licences.

Good to see the number of pubs listed on this site back above 50,000 again - two and a half years after this thread was started (50,033 open pubs at time of writing).

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Good to see the number of pubs listed on this site back above 50,000 again - two and a half years after this thread was started (50,033 open pubs at time of writing).
    Yes and the stability is probably due to, and what ever you may think of them, you have to say Hooray for "Micropubs"
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

I wonder how many of them are hotels that allow non-residents.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I wonder how many of them are hotels that allow non-residents.
    There are pubs that do B & B and hotels that have bars open to the public. I've no idea how this could be defined, maybe it can't! Some of the new JDW hotels are just JDWs with a few rooms to let. They don't even have a proper reception.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gann View Post
    Yes and the stability is probably due to, and what ever you may think of them, you have to say Hooray for "Micropubs"
    I guess this is a major factor in the stabilisation around 50,000 and in town centres you also get new wine bars/cocktail lounges springing up in what were small shop units.Another trend is the growth in mixed use premises,coffee bar by day,alcoholic drinks at night.
    There do seem to be a trickle of pubs that are reopening,rather than just shop conversions springing up so overall getting back above 50,000 must be good news.Anyone got any hard data ?
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    It's gonna go down below 50,000 again soon.

I have a list of 406 pubs that are potentially closed that I'm slowly working through.
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 07-01-2019 at 14:54.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    It's gonna go down below 50,000 again soon.

I have a list of 406 pubs that are potentially closed that I'm slowly working through.
    Ah - you must be working on the same lists Snow White generates as me. I was busy re-opening a load off the other list yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Ah - you must be working on the same lists Snow White generates as me. I was busy re-opening a load off the other list yesterday!
    Been doing this since 2014. Welcome aboard "Johnny Come Lately"
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

There has been loads I've not added that fit the criteria that I've been in and others I suspect in the same mindset without even considering a speakeasy or cocktail no pint/draught serving location which could increase numbers.

There are also others that people have reopened that local CAMRA have as closed such as Velindra and I can't find any newer information to confirm it's opened so the stats will always have a gulf between actual open and closed numbers.