Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brewdog -dog eat dog islington

This Space For Hire

Default brewdog -dog eat dog islington

Unfortunately(or not) you need to buy food to get a drink in this new bar from Brewdog. It therefore does not meet the criteria already reached by Frankie and Bennys and must be removed forthwith from the site.Islington council is opposed to any more pubs opening in the area so I suppose this is the only way forward for some.

This Space For Hire

There are a few venues by me that have had to adopt this approach as it's the way to get round planning/licencing. I've tried them found out you can't just get a drink so never added them.

It's similar to micropubs not being granted full pub hours after hearing the people that run The Shed Alehouse in Pewsey talk about the issues they'd had with the local authority to get a business off the ground. Think the case is the same with the new micropub opening up close to me http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/newpubs/29343/

Same at this one, Ye Old Shambles Tavern hence the free sandwiches; not that you're likely to get anything free from Dickie & Watt.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Same at this one, Ye Old Shambles Tavern hence the free sandwiches; not that you're likely to get anything free from Dickie & Watt.
    They generally don't charge for huge lashings of grandiose hubris.

Not actually much to do with Islington, but I was intrigued to see Brewdog bottled beers for sale in our local Esso forecourt shop. Does this mean that any remaining craft credibility attaching to this brewery has melted away? I have managed to avoid their beers, if only to prove to myself that I'm immune to all the hype. Perhaps I should weaken?
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Not actually much to do with Islington, but I was intrigued to see Brewdog bottled beers for sale in our local Esso forecourt shop. Does this mean that any remaining craft credibility attaching to this brewery has melted away? I have managed to avoid their beers, if only to prove to myself that I'm immune to all the hype. Perhaps I should weaken?
    The supermarkets have been selling Punk IPA for years and only a bit more recently JDW. My local Tesco has started doing their Mr President which is a 9.2% Double American IPA (£2.19 per330ml bottle). I think it used to be called something else. I took a couple to a barbecue last Sunday and it was very good. My gripe with them is their bar prices and their mindless marketing. This worked out about £3.80 a pint. What can you get for that (if anything) in one of their rip-off bars?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    It may mean Craft has truly arrived and Brewdog were right to abandon cask beer.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    The supermarkets have been selling Punk IPA for years and only a bit more recently JDW. My local Tesco has started doing their Mr President which is a 9.2% Double American IPA (£2.19 per330ml bottle). I think it used to be called something else. I took a couple to a barbecue last Sunday and it was very good. My gripe with them is their bar prices and their mindless marketing. This worked out about £3.80 a pint. What can you get for that (if anything) in one of their rip-off bars?
    Brewdog Shepherds bush had Dog E on last week for £18.90 a pint. Craft of course. Anybody tempted?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Brewdog Shepherds bush had Dog E on last week for £18.90 a pint. Craft of course. Anybody tempted?

This Space For Hire

The Brewdog Islington only lasted 3 months then closed.