Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pubs Galore App and old reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Still on subject, someone seems to have been having a purge by removing previous images & reviews from the past

This comes back to previous history of the pub, and how it changes over time

I refer to The Maids Head

Was the Mayden's head as some of the 2012 images show

However I know I went in here and submitted review, and images, which did once appear, alongside other posters, quirky landlord, good beer etc. Now just one review left

Any one know what is going on? Is there a new / old edict to remove older images and reviews come name change or what happened?
    I'm pretty certain that there were no previous reviews on the site when I reviewed what was then still called Ye Olde Maydens Heade back in 2013, which was why I made a point of going in.

I have four photographs that I took on that visit, but I reckon it more likely that I neglected to upload them rather than they having been deleted by somebody else (but I think that Dave is the only person who could do this, and I can't imagine he would have had a reason for doing so).

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I dont know what is going on and i would'nt bother looking at a pubs history as some alterations that take place dont seem to show up on the pubs history
    The only people who can delete reviews are the person who wrote the review, and Dave. There is always an audit trail when reviews are deleted or amended.

i noticed two pubs deleted from East Manchester last week and i follow the area but was not notified about the deletions,it is probably akin to the KGB or Stasi,we mortals will never know what is going off.
    "Deleted"? Do you mean removed from the East Manchester area? If you know which pubs were removed, it is easy enough to check who removed them by going to the audit trail. Click on View all updates for [name of pub], and it will say something like "Request to remove pub from area East Manchester by Stasi agent XYZ".
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

"Deleted"? Do you mean removed from the East Manchester area? If you know which pubs were removed, it is easy enough to check who removed them by going to the audit trail. Click on View all updates for [name of pub], and it will say something like "Request to remove pub from area East Manchester by Stasi agent XYZ".
    You are wrong in this on this subject Will,take a look at this pub http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/core/pubaudit.php?id=74927 my request to add it to East Manchester as been deleted and now say request to add to area approved,the same goes for the deletion of the pub from East Manchester,it just says request to delete from area approved,it is as though East Manchester never exsisted,the Stasi agent is a bit cleverer than you thought.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

You are wrong in this on this subject Will,take a look at this pub http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/core/pubaudit.php?id=74927 my request to add it to East Manchester as been deleted and now say request to add to area approved,the same goes for the deletion of the pub from East Manchester,it just says request to delete from area approved,it is as though East Manchester never exsisted,the Stasi agent is a bit cleverer than you thought.
    FFS change the record, because as usual you're wrong again.

I could explain to you exactly how it works but to be honest I can't be arsed!
    Last edited by ROBCamra; 08-05-2016 at 15:04.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas