Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mammoth Midlands Pub Crawl

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Talking to a couple of old boys in the Station last night who had done a Coalport/Jackfield crawl earlier this week , bad news is the Brewery in Coalport is now keg only ruining what was once a cracking little pub , but the good news is the Half Moon in Jackfield is set to reopen in the next few months after being closed for about 15 years , its now owned by the Landlord of the Shakespeare in Coalport and has undergone an 18 month resturation
    That would be fab if it happens. Strange that the wooden road was a railway line, it's like a mini rollercoaster ride!
    Waes hael!

Today is the start day of my Mammoth Midlands Pub Crawl, but since I work in the telecommunications industry I obviously have absolutely no mobile broadband, iPhones or other whizzy stuff, so I shall be without your company until next Sunday .

The cunning plan is

Monday Birmingham
    Tuesday Dudley, Gornal, Sedgely
    Wednesday Ironbridge
    Thursday Bridgenorth
    Friday Worcester
    Saturday York (Liver transplant?)
    Sunday Catch up on PuG, maybe Slovenia will be through to the next round by then

Thanks to all for their suggestions which I look forward to sampling.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Today is the start day of my Mammoth Midlands Pub Crawl, but since I work in the telecommunications industry I obviously have absolutely no mobile broadband, iPhones or other whizzy stuff, so I shall be without your company until next Sunday .

The cunning plan is

Monday Birmingham
    Tuesday Dudley, Gornal, Sedgely
    Wednesday Ironbridge
    Thursday Bridgenorth
    Friday Worcester
    Saturday York (Liver transplant?)
    Sunday Catch up on PuG, maybe Slovenia will be through to the next round by then

Thanks to all for their suggestions which I look forward to sampling.
    I will be finishing work at 12 - so will see you in the Britannia for a Bathams and a few cokes, mate - will text you
    MILD:

Well that's all over and although suffering my liver remains basically intact although I didn't drink much on Saturday .

Just worked out that over the five days I visited 38 pubs, only managed to drink 40 pints - of which 14 were MILD, 2 were Stout, one and a half "proper" lagers (Budvar and Pilsner Urquell) the rest being Bitters and Golden Ales. For the booze police I downed 93 and a bit units so I'm off out today to get it up to 100

Most pints were good or excellent although there were a couple of dodgy ones in usually superb pubs, surprise of the week was that Church End can actually make a very drinkable beer (Coffin Stout). I had one beer that while in good condition was utter pish, if I'd brewed it and charged money for it I'd be looking for a new career.

Better start on those 38 pub reviews.