Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: FAO OG Trench

Default FAO OG Trench

I was in your neck of woods last week.. Visited Whitchurch (sadly ghost town with half of shops closed despite it was in afternoon) and Shrewsbury where I drank in two pubs.. The Shrewsbury Hotel (JDW) and The Hole in the Wall. Then went through Telford via motorway, was supposed to stop off and having a look around in Telford but we simply don't have time due my sister had to return car to her boyfriend.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Only decent pub in Whitchurch is the Town Hall Vaults though there are loads of pubs in town , a few good ones on the outskirts , Willey Moor Lock , White Lion(Ash Magna) and the Blue Bell .
    If you had crossed the road from the Shrewsbury Hotel , the large modern building is Shrewsburys other and best JDW Montgomerys Tower , last time i was in the Hole in the Wall the barman was threatening to chin someone for complaing about the beer
    Telfords a maze if you dont know where your going , you would probally ended up at the Town Centre with hardly any pubs , a bad JDW , a trendy bar , a Bankss pub and thats it
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Only decent pub in Whitchurch is the Town Hall Vaults though there are loads of pubs in town , a few good ones on the outskirts , Willey Moor Lock , White Lion(Ash Magna) and the Blue Bell .
    If you had crossed the road from the Shrewsbury Hotel , the large modern building is Shrewsburys other and best JDW Montgomerys Tower , last time i was in the Hole in the Wall the barman was threatening to chin someone for complaing about the beer
    Telfords a maze if you dont know where your going , you would probally ended up at the Town Centre with hardly any pubs , a bad JDW , a trendy bar , a Bankss pub and thats it
    I can certainly vouch for the Willey Moor Lock. Moored outside the pub on a few occassions and always enjoyed the beer. Easily in my top 5 of canalside pubs.