Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The price isn't right!

£1.34 a pint of Mild at The Manor House last week - given a fortnight previously I'd been fleeced for £4.65 at a central London pub, I was tempted to stay all afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    £1.34 a pint of Mild at The Manor House last week - given a fortnight previously I'd been fleeced for £4.65 at a central London pub, I was tempted to stay all afternoon.
    Crikey how on earth did you find your way there? There is a reason why the 'brough is cheap even in the salubrious country-side outside.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Crikey how on earth did you find your way there? There is a reason why the 'brough is cheap even in the salubrious country-side outside.
    It was a low-lying Quinno to be bagged on the way up to Hull - needs must.

It wasn't too bad, actually.

I like the comment by an American below the article and I'm not saying anything more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Also £3.30 in The Baum a couple of weeks ago.
    Is that cheap for Greater Manchester? In early CAMRA days Manchester was definitely cheaper then the West Midlands. Today in the Great Western, one of Holden's more expensive pubs the 3.7% mild was £2.60 and the 5.1% Special £2.90. Obviously the CAMRA discount makes an enormous difference.
    Last edited by Aqualung; 22-03-2016 at 21:28.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMick View Post
    I've been doing a bit of research into Sam Smiths (thinking of stocking a few lines in a new venture) and was amazed at their prices. The Stout is not a bad drop at £2.20. What was more amazing though is that I was reliably informed that in London their prices are pretty much the same as they are in Yorkshire. They must be the busiest dozen boozers in the capital!
    That's not right at all - the Sam's prices for draught beer are still relatively cheap in London (but not comparable to 'spoons, away from the main railway stations and Heathrow), but much higher than in Yorkshire, and the bottled beers are amongst the most expensive anywhere 'down South'...

This Space For Hire

We pay what ever it costs if you are unaware of price prior to walking through the door... I've been in a £12 round for 2 pints of lager in Gloucestershire that probably rips the shit out of most of London.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Is that cheap for Greater Manchester? In early CAMRA days Manchester was definitely cheaper then the West Midlands. Today in the Great Western, one of Holden's more expensive pubs the 3.7% mild was £2.60 and the 5.1% Special £2.90. Obviously the CAMRA discount makes an enormous difference.
    No, The Baum is the most expensive pub in Rochdale.

Keeps out the riff raff you know.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Ah right.. Seems I wasn't reliably informed then. I do like their stuff though (not sure about cask but everything else seems fine), so i'll seek them out when i'm next in London.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMick View Post
    Ah right.. Seems I wasn't reliably informed then. I do like their stuff though (not sure about cask but everything else seems fine), so i'll seek them out when i'm next in London.
    Samuel Smiths have got quite a few pubs in London,i have been in 34 and i know of a few more i have not done.
    If you want to find their pubs in Central London go to Fitzrovia i have done 7 there.
    They dont do the same prices across the board.in West Yorkshire it is usually £1.80 for a pint of OBB,but it London it will be a lot more expensive than that.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others