Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: a swift one - Two More Festivals to Try

Automated Tracker

Default a swift one - Two More Festivals to Try

Visit the a swift one site

This weekend, should you be in the area, and at a loose end and want to try somewhere different we have two festivals to visit. One is an old favourite, the other a new kid on the block.

The first is at The Swan at Crimble near Slaithwaite. Easily reachable by train from Huddersfield and if previous experience is anything to go by, is well worth a trip up the valley to see what Jonny has to offer. Starting Thursday through to Sunday it showcases up to 40 beers through 20 handpumps, with many interesting beers on offer. While you are in the area, why not have a call at the Commercial, in Slaithwaite too. Jonny's 2nd pub in the village, and with 8 beers on the bar well worth a call.

The other festival is at Holmfirth Cricket Club, just off Huddersfield Rd, on Saturday only,and is tied in to the Holmfirth Folk Festival at the same weekend. They promise a variety of 20 beers, but not having seen a list I cannot confirm what is available, except there will be a Mallinsons special available. Parking will be at a premium but there is a frequent bus service from Huddersfield.

More...

Teetotal

Thumbs up Secret Squirrel says

There is allso anouther festival in the calder valley,whilst chewing me nuts i overheard that the FOX & GOOSE in hebden Bridge is up and running again on the old festival front.
    Gossip says that it is around 35 odd beers and is doing something about all the new local brewerys as well as some good oldies [i hope they`ve got some with nuts in].
    dates are friday 27th mat through to monday 30th ,not too sure on entertainment,
    but word has it ,that it will be very adlib with local musicians kicking off at any moment.
    Allways a good festival to go too and they are putting all the beers on from friday,so
    no one misses a beer because it is not on till monday etc.Also not sure of price of a half yet but i do know that it will be one price and no silly add ons eh! best of all NO ENTRY FEE, WELL WORTH A LOOK AT .
    Watch out this message will explode in 3 seconds 1 2