Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Printers

I'll stay on me own

Default Printers

I have got a second hand printer off a mate but i do not have the faintest idea how to work the *ing thing.
    My lap top has downloaded the printer type and all sorts of things have popped up,but i dont know how to get onto the print a page thingy,all i want to do is print a Pubs Galore map of Durham to save me the time in doing a hand written one.
    I am also not sure where to put the paper into the printer,i have put it in the front but not sure if this is right for this printer

Printer type is HP Deskjet D1560

Please help before i chuck it against the nearest wall.

Thanks Alan
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I have got a second hand printer off a mate but i do not have the faintest idea how to work the *ing thing.
    My lap top has downloaded the printer type and all sorts of things have popped up,but i dont know how to get onto the print a page thingy,all i want to do is print a Pubs Galore map of Durham to save me the time in doing a hand written one.
    I am also not sure where to put the paper into the printer,i have put it in the front but not sure if this is right for this printer

Printer type is HP Deskjet D1560

Please help before i chuck it against the nearest wall.

Thanks Alan
    Perhaps ask the said mate? Generally Alan the front bit is where the paper comes out. The back bit where it goes in. Christ on a bike.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

Yep, just checked the pictures on the web and this printer does load from the back and comes out the front..

If you're still struggling Alan you can download the users manual from here...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/...374274/manuals
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

I'll stay on me own

Once the printer has been installed correctly, you can then right click (i.e.; push the right hand button on the mouse instead of the more usual left one) and then select the Print option from the menu.

Alternatively, pressing the Ctrl and P keys at the same time should so the same thing.

I'll stay on me own

Thanks for the replies,
    The printer loads from the front,i asked my mate,the right click on the mouse may well be good advise.
    I have now done a pencil drawn map of the centre area and mapped 26 pubs,not all will be done.
    When i have more time i will give it another go.

Thanks Alan
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others