Ads not shown when logged in
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Train Company Special Offers and General Rail Travel Discussion

This Space For Hire

Too early for any rail company offers yet, while the government is still forcing them to do everything they can to deter people actually travelling, however Travelodge have just unleashed "a million rooms" from £29. This runs through to 31 Dec so there might even be some pubs open by then!

I have just nabbed a weekend in York for £60 (not primarily beer-related).
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Does anyone know whether the lack of train schedules/options, even in next 3 weeks (rather than 90-day searches) is due to lack of availability for Covid spacing, or rail companies not having websites properly working?
    I want to get to Nottingham/Beeston 14-16 Aug (TL accom offer!) but the return, especially, is proving very difficult... thanks, j

ps. there do also seem to be very few direct trains, and then very slow, but no options to book the quicker change lines via Grantham...
    Last edited by trainman; 23-07-2020 at 21:00.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Does anyone know whether the lack of train schedules/options, even in next 3 weeks (rather than 90-day searches) is due to lack of availability for Covid spacing, or rail companies not having websites properly working?
    I want to get to Nottingham/Beeston 14-16 Aug (TL accom offer!) but the return, especially, is proving very difficult... thanks, j

ps. there do also seem to be very few direct trains, and then very slow, but no options to book the quicker change lines via Grantham...
    National Rail enquires is working - https://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/servi...60820/1100/dep

Thanks ob, I only use that to check times, not make bookings, but it had options that southern or thetrainline did not. Back via Newark for £21 each, gambling on getting 3 via megatrain for outbound, heaven knows when those will become available... cheers, j

Default LNER ticket sale

There's a sale on at LNER for travel on their trains between 6 September and 15 October - tickets must be booked before 1 September. (I got tickets from Sheffield to London and back for £19.25, but if your journey is solely on LNER trains there are some fares even cheaper. Book split tickets, e.g. I did Sheffield to Doncaster, which is TPE or Northern, then Doncaster to Kings Cross on LNER.)
    Last edited by sheffield hatter; 20-08-2021 at 22:44.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    There's a sale on at LNER for travel on their trains between 6 September and 15 October - tickets must be booked before 1 September. (I got tickets from Sheffield to London and back for £19.25, but if your journey is solely on LNER trains there are some fares even cheaper. Book split tickets, e.g. I did Sheffield to Doncaster, which is TPE or Northern, then Doncaster to Kings Cross on LNER.)
    That's a trip up to Berwick on Tweed for £40 secured

Might try Keighley as well if I can find somewhere to stay that isn't extortionate...

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Northern Rail's £1 flash sale is back - https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/sale

Quote Originally Posted by Brainypool View Post
    Northern Rail's £1 flash sale is back - https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/sale
    It is, but the website first crashed and then timed out yesterday when I was trying to use it.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Just Missed the Round Brainypool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    It is, but the website first crashed and then timed out yesterday when I was trying to use it.
    I had the same issue, but was able to book tickets on the app with no problems.

https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/catc...hare-fares-now

Norwich now even cheaper than a (snr) discounted tenner ew, £5ew East Anglia offer above...