Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Train Company Special Offers and General Rail Travel Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    This is unbelievable for the North,

Attachment 1902
    They're also running direct trains to Lincoln. The fact it's London based means it's more of the same rather than unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    They're also running direct trains to Lincoln. The fact it's London based means it's more of the same rather than unbelievable.
    I meant any investment in rolling stock is unbelievable in the land of the Pacer, remember railways in northern England are basically an off-shoot of the NRM, a kind of living railway museum.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    That's unbelievable! I thought that they will be running the new Crossrail units and if they don't have toilets then that's ridiculous.
    The way I read it was that GWR will be running the faster trains to the likes of Oxford. Sadly half of the TFL trains seem to be going to Heathrow. I'm sure I went on one of the new Crossrail trains towards Liverpool Street but can't remember if I noticed a toilet.
    Same trains, although the Liverpool Street ones are shorter until the tunnel opens, and indeed no toilets at all on board. Yet another decision by civil servants I am afraid - the official line is that average journey times will be about 20 minutes, which doesn't help those making longer journeys of up to 102 minutes. GWR run assorted fast and semi-fast services but the TfL ones are more or less all stations.

I meant any investment in rolling stock is unbelievable in the land of the Pacer, remember railways in northern England are basically an off-shoot of the NRM, a kind of living railway museum.
    Now, now. Surely you have noticed the complete sh*g up on Northern and Trans-Pennine at present which is largely due to the botched introduction of new trains? Northern are getting 98 new 2-and 3-car trains, while TPE are getting 44 5-car trains. A long and sorry trail of errors, and far from all being the operators' fault, but the new trains are certainly happening. Slowly.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Now, now. Surely you have noticed the complete sh*g up on Northern and Trans-Pennine at present which is largely due to the botched introduction of new trains? Northern are getting 98 new 2-and 3-car trains, while TPE are getting 44 5-car trains. A long and sorry trail of errors, and far from all being the operators' fault, but the new trains are certainly happening. Slowly.
    Indeed, why only the other day I was on a class 170, a new train, ........well new to the north of England.

I haven't seen any of the rumoured new 195s or 331s on Northern Fail and the TPE Novas are supposedly not due till next year this side of the Pennines. Not holding my breath.

This Space For Hire

Travelodge are having one of their sales, with 20% off for selected dates/venues for bookings until 01 Jan. The discount code is 2020.

Just grabbed one for £22 !
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Travelodge are having one of their sales, with 20% off for selected dates/venues for bookings until 01 Jan. The discount code is 2020.

Just grabbed one for £22 !
    Stayed in Leeds for £20.99 last night.

If you're over 60 and your stay starts on a Sunday then you can get up to 3 nights with 25% off.

Enter OFFPEAK at the checkout. You will need to have a photo id when you check in to the hotel to prove the rate is valid for you.

In Liverpool for £18.74 per night as well!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Told you so

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ecome-17484888

You did indeed and it's the South Wales valleys as well. I noticed a few at Cardiff in November.

This Space For Hire

The Northern Rail 10p ticket sale is back on again.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    The Northern Rail 10p ticket sale is back on again.
    Thanks, John
    Come On You Hatters!