Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: St Austell & Lostwithiel visits

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Default St Austell & Lostwithiel visits

I am off to Cornwall mid May for a couple of days, on the Sunday I shall be in St Austell, which whilst PG shows 7, possibly 8 pubs in town, none have any recommends

Anyone been in any? As it is just one Sunday night there I doubt all 7 / 8 are possible in one hit, so looking for a short list really, or even any to avoid?

Much same for Lostwithiel, but I have two nights there and only 5 pubs so should make them OK, but suggestions welcome

I'm not sure if this is out of your way but I like the sound of the London Inn at St Neot near Liskeard (nothing about it yet on PG but I confess to seeing promising reviews elsewhere)

http://www.londoninn.info/
    Waes hael!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

We went to London Inn last year and found it to be excellent for both beer and food, and will be visiting again this year. Heard some change had been made, so will try to get there before mid May and let you know. Just arrived at Chacewater near Truro/Redruth today.

Haven't done St Austell or Lostwithiel for a few years, so haven't really any recommendations for them. No GBG listings for St Austell but the Globe is in for Lostwithiel with Sharps, Skinners and guests mentioned. Will be a new one for us. Open till 12 - 2.30 and from 6-11 (5 to midnight Fri) 12 - midnight Sat and summer. 12 - 11.30 Sun.

Thanks Gill & Andy, the London Inn does sound good, I was hoping to pop into the Jamaica Inn en-route via A30, so the London Inn could be on the cards as well, guess it depends on my timings, traffic & weather

At this rate I will be glassy eyed before I reach St Austell

Well thanks both Gill & Andy, tried both London Inn & Globe. My vote goes to Globe but TBH this may be because the London was en - route & I never had a lot of time to really savour the place, and had to stick to a half as I had already supped in the Jamaica Inn and did not want to risk it on unfamiliar roads

I'm staying near to Liskeard in September so I'll have to check out the London Inn
    Waes hael!

Just an update. I did indeed visit the London Inn on Saturday afternoon and I was just a little disappointed http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/63984/

However, I also went to the Blisland Inn (just north of the A30 before Bodmin) http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/61175/ and the Highwayman in Sourton (just south of the A30 at Okehampton) http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/60772/ and these were both fab
    Waes hael!

I read your review of London Inn Andy, I think we are of the same view, probably not worth a detour any longer

Same for Jamaica Inn, but then as A30 goes right by, more or less, not much of a detour required, and, at my age, toilets are always welcome, & these were clean

Hopefully I've offered some useful first hand guidance for anyone who's due to go down that way, pity I didn't get to the Globe in Lostwithiel
    Waes hael!