Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought JDW beer festival has ended but..

Default I thought JDW beer festival has ended but..

.. I popped in Silk Kite yesterday and I was very suprised to see that beers that featured in festival is still selling (albiet price change from £.179 to £1.90)

Beers on sale were..

Elgood's Hawkwind
    Bulldog Brown Ale
    Suffolk Springer

AND

Thatchers Old Rascal cider
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

I've seen the odd festival beer still around but, as you experienced, prices seemed to go up by 5p or 10p straight after the festival. I suppose we can't complain too much, we did have three weeks of cheap and interesting beer hunting.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

They're not exactly going to throw away all the old barrels at the strike of midnight on the day the festival ends! There are always festival beers on the go 2 to 3 weeks after the Festival ends. I am hoping to pick up a few more tonight or tomorrow!

I think this its why there doing A sort of Top 50 April too June Guest beer lists. See Link below If It works.

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/stati.../real-ales.pdf

Good if there available too the end of June because If so it gives me a chance too catch up on most beers Ive missed due too work commitments
    Last edited by Alesonly; 02-05-2010 at 10:20.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Wetherspoons always publish a list of their regular guest ales expected over the forthcoming period which are a mix of regular ales (No 3 looks familiar), common guests (Deuchars, Rev James etc) and seasonal/commemorative (Back Of The Net - watch out for all those cheesy World Cup ale names). They don't usually publish them with Festival style tasting notes though. I'm not sure of what the rules are for the pubs as to what they have to sell - presumably they have to do each one at some stage over the quarter. I'm sure a few Festival Ales will still be popping up over the next few weeks alongside this new batch and local faves.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Wetherspoons always publish a list of their regular guest ales expected over the forthcoming period which are a mix of regular ales (No 3 looks familiar), common guests (Deuchars, Rev James etc) and seasonal/commemorative (Back Of The Net - watch out for all those cheesy World Cup ale names). They don't usually publish them with Festival style tasting notes though. I'm not sure of what the rules are for the pubs as to what they have to sell - presumably they have to do each one at some stage over the quarter. I'm sure a few Festival Ales will still be popping up over the next few weeks alongside this new batch and local faves.
    They did the same sort of leaflet for the first quarter (January to March), but I only found it in one outlet (the Postal order in Crystal Palace of all places).

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    They did the same sort of leaflet for the first quarter (January to March), but I only found it in one outlet (the Postal order in Crystal Palace of all places).
    Yes I also see January Too March one In the Admiral Byng At Potters Bar Along with a Ballot Box so Customers could vote for what Coming Beers they want. This included ones not on list the manager would try to get them if enough customers voted for them.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Still a few festival ales around. In a Spoons on Sunday morning the Coconut Porter was ‘available soon’. They were also knocking out the Peach Melbear at £1.09 a pint instead of £1.99 for others. A couple of those went down well with breakfast.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Popped into Wakefield 'spoons (Six Chimneys) earlier this afternoon and thought I'd travelled back in time a month! Four festival beers were on the go. Phoenix 'Black Shadow', Cairngorm 'Culloden', Everard's 'Flourish' and Thwaites 'Summat Special'.

Enjoyed the Culloden in April, so went for that, unfortunately it wasn't so much tired as fast asleep.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Popped into Wakefield 'spoons (Six Chimneys) earlier this afternoon and thought I'd travelled back in time a month! Four festival beers were on the go. Phoenix 'Black Shadow', Cairngorm 'Culloden', Everard's 'Flourish' and Thwaites 'Summat Special'.

Enjoyed the Culloden in April, so went for that, unfortunately it wasn't so much tired as fast asleep.
    There is a dark corner of a JDW warehouse somewhere that someone has just visited then.