Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Holiday Inn Experience Lancaster

Post Holiday Inn Experience Lancaster

Hi Conrad,

We spent the weekend installing our youngest daughter at Lancaster university, but because we left it so late to book ourselves a hotel for two nights, we ended up at the Holiday Inn in Lancaster. Would you please add it to your listings. While we were there we did a bit of a Recy and discovered some nice pubs with accomodation in Galgate, and although we did'nt get time to investigate we intend to try one out next time we are visiting our daughter.

Thanks,

Filo
    Visit my Website www.whitby.manymore.net or listen to Whitby Radio www.whitby.manymoreradio.com/

Administrator

Hi Filo,

We have added the Holiday Inn Lancaster to our listings. You will have to convince your daughter to start doing reviews, at least if she spends her time at university anything like I did .

Thanks for that

Conrad

Hi Conard..

In my response about Holiday Inn, Lancaster.. I was dismayed to find this hotel (Which is not even pub!) was included in listings. I thought this website was about pubs and yes, some hotels (must have decent bar with reasonable range of beers) but Holiday Inn???

Sorry If I am ranting a bit!! I guess my affection for pubs got me into this!

Aplogises!

Ian

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I have to admit I raised an eyebrow at this, I am fairly sure we have removed some Holiday Inn's from our listings at user requests. I believe Dave's actual comment was along the lines of it is at least better than a Travel Lodge.

Unless it is absolutely ridiculous we just tend to go along with user requests these days, we figure the site will evolve itself.

Although I would never suggest it the subtle way to handle this would of course just be to chuck in a request to delete it in a week or so.

My preference is to go up the beer route of handling pubs, it should be a purely public house or have a decent range of beers.

Filo any opinion on what you want from our listings?

Edit: It is worse than I thought, really not sure about that express in Leeds either.

Post Holiday Inn Lancaster

Hi Conrad,

Normally I would have agreed that a Holiday Inn was hardly worthy of an entry on Pubs Galore. I did, however, find myself in the unfortunate position of having left it too late to book into a Coaching Inn or somewhere recommended in the Good Pub Guide, and as all Dad's with daughters know, daughters priorities come first, so in desperation we booked what we could get. We were very apprehensive about having to stay there, but guess what? It was quite good, and we enjoyed a couple of hours in the bar area each evening watching rather a lot of people enjoying the football on the first night and Rugby I think it was on the second night. It was a really good atmosphere. We chatted to some Scottish folk and some people over from Ireland.

I thought it deserved a review for much the same reason as the Royal Hotel in Hull did. They both have the makings of a "good Pub Area" but getting it wrong were the ale is concerned.

Regards,

Mick
    Visit my Website www.whitby.manymore.net or listen to Whitby Radio www.whitby.manymoreradio.com/

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Well we have yet to delete any listing with a positive review, that may just be a challenge to Ian though.

Hopefully Mick will just find somewhere that is more worthy of a review in all our eyes next time. I certainly can't complain about his dedication so far.