Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Following Areas

Ok this has been bugging me for a while so I have had a good look to try to figure it out and I think I now understand.

Suppose a user is following 'Nottingham North' area.

Another user removes a pub from Nottingham North and it is automatically approved. The system will then look at generating an email notification. Which will go to anyone following that pub, Nottingham town as a whole or any specific areas that it is in.

However as it is no longer in Nottingham North that would not generate any notification for someone following that area.

Does that make any sense?

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Oh yes they are as I remember the whole Swindongate debacle unfolding due to getting emails while being sat in the pub I'd just uploaded a picture of that had been area changed.

Attachment 1344

Thanks for looking into it Dave,
    But is still does not make any sense to me,in the quote from Jon i can see pubs deleted from Swindon East which i know i added,i have not had any emails about all of the Salford,Manchester and Nottingham compass points deletions.

I will never re add them as i now know most members are against me on this subject,but it does bug me that i have never been notified of what i have added to the site is being deleted.
    I would not bother too much about this now as most compass points have been deleted.
    I do still think they did no harm and added to the site,but as usual i am wrong.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Thanks for looking into it Dave,
    But is still does not make any sense to me,in the quote from Jon i can see pubs deleted from Swindon East which i know i added,i have not had any emails about all of the Salford,Manchester and Nottingham compass points deletions.
    Maybe Jon is following the whole of the town of Swindon, or perhaps the changes weren't automatically approved. The way it works is very confusing.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Maybe Jon is following the whole of the town of Swindon, or perhaps the changes weren't automatically approved. The way it works is very confusing.
    Indeed I do, I click the follow all pubs button at the first opportunity under the page tools option after going into each of the Postal District Areas across Bristol County, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Somerset. Hence my comment on Quinno thread about county following.

Maybe I've selected the follow areas later than others users and forum generates email traffic differently for newer subscribers as you have probably had areas set up for a lot longer than I've been a member on here Al, especially given Dave's "The way it works is very confusing." quote. Maybe go back in to "Your Control Panel" and reselect "Subscriptions (followed towns & pubs)" and see if you start to get emails.

The next update generated emails I'd like is the Name changes as some aren't always started by a thread in the Name Changes Forum, cough cough...