Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Following Areas

This Space For Hire

Hi Al

Are you definitely following all these areas, as if you don't follow them you don't get any updates, I suspect you obviously are hence the concern.

However I've also noted what I would consider a drastic reduction in email alerts since I had to change from Hotmail to Gmail. I follow all the way round the clock from up to 12 o'clock at Gloucester from Bristol round the rest of the hours including Cirencester, Hungerford, Pewsey, Devizes, Warminster, Frome, Glastonbury, Bridgewater and Weston and everything in the middle. Especially given there are a few contributors on the forum that are active on the pub site too.

Maybe something to ask Dave to look into as I've said I sense less emails being received unless there is just no new pictures, reviews etc happening in the areas I follow. Not even a 84mph flyby picture from Peter Ashworth of a hedge.... Are the area changes continuing to happen if you revisit the areas and check?
    Last edited by bcfczuluarmy; 28-01-2016 at 18:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Back again and still not getting any EMAILS about compass points being deleted that i have added,i still think there is no harm in having a pub in Stoke on Trent having its proper area and Stoke on Trent North,loads have been deleted,so i am now not just *issed off but also *ucked off,when i see pubs in London having lots of different areas for some of the central area pubs.
    According to the database you are not subscribed to updates from Stoke, only one other town by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Maybe something to ask Dave to look into as I've said I sense less emails being received unless there is just no new pictures, reviews etc happening in the areas I follow. Not even a 84mph flyby picture from Peter Ashworth of a hedge.... Are the area changes continuing to happen if you revisit the areas and check?
    I suspect that might just be a time of year thing. In general a lot of people stay closer to home during the winter. When we get into the warmer months people tend to drop by our part of the world and get in the odd photo and review on their way to Devon/Cornwall

I'll stay on me own

I am definatly following all of Stoke on Trents compass point areas,if i go onto say Stoke on Trent North,the tool area on the page says unfollow area so i must be following it,the same goes for all of Salford and Manchester.

Regarding visiting pubs this year i have been in 50 different pubs and done 46 new ones,the winter does not bother me one bit.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

I am definatly following all of Stoke on Trents compass point areas,if i go onto say Stoke on Trent North,the tool area on the page says unfollow area so i must be following it,the same goes for all of Salford and Manchester.

Regarding visiting pubs this year i have been in 50 different pubs and done 46 new ones,the winter does not bother me one bit.
    Sounds like a discrepancy somewhere along the line, but I'm sure its something that can be sorted easily enough.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own

I have had no Emails about pubs being deleted from compass points in Nottingham,i was following all areas of Nottingham but have only had emails about some really stupid changes the big brother has done in the canning circus area,i will not go into details,i know the city like the back of my hand just as i do in Manchester,but big brother seems to think he knows better,ask anyone where Monsall in in Manchester and the only people who would know are the people who live on the monsall estate in Collyhurst,monsall is not an area but an estate.
    I have now almost given up with it all.

I'll stay on me own

Can we also get a follow county area button to save clicking every area?
    That may depend on what county you want to follow,i tried to follow most of Greater Manchester,Stoke on trent and Nottingham,i have never had any emails about the deletion of compass points i added to these and other areas,so it may depend on what higher and more important people on the site let you follow.

That may depend on what county you want to follow,i tried to follow most of Greater Manchester,Stoke on trent and Nottingham,i have never had any emails about the deletion of compass points i added to these and other areas,so it may depend on what higher and more important people on the site let you follow.
    I don't think that area changes are notified. I follow Sheffield (for obvious reasons) and I always receive notifications of new reviews and photos, and pubs being marked as open or closed, but I can't recall receiving any notifications of a pub being added to or removed from an area.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I don't think that area changes are notified. I follow Sheffield (for obvious reasons) and I always receive notifications of new reviews and photos, and pubs being marked as open or closed, but I can't recall receiving any notifications of a pub being added to or removed from an area.
    Oh yes they are as I remember the whole Swindongate debacle unfolding due to getting emails while being sat in the pub I'd just uploaded a picture of that had been area changed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swindon changes.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	1344

Oh yes they are as I remember the whole Swindongate debacle unfolding due to getting emails while being sat in the pub I'd just uploaded a picture of that had been area changed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swindon changes.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	1344
    Thanks for the correction. In fact I did receive one today for a pub whose area I amended, so it must have been that no one else has amended any Sheffield areas since I started "following".

Cheers
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

So why dont i get Emails letting me know about the deletion of compass points,
    I am a fairly long standing member and i think i contribute quite well to the site,so why am i treated differently to other members.