Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Following Areas

I'll stay on me own

Default Following Areas

I was under the impression that if you followed an area and there were any alterations to the area being followed,you would recieve an email saying what had been altered and who by,i was getting emails saying rob camra had done this or that alteration, he is continuing to delete areas but i am not getting any emails to say what has been deleted.
    Is this a case of big brother blocking any emails to me,just like i had a post edited by big brother.
    There also seems to be a case of double standards on the site,pubs on Liverpool road in Eccles to the west of the White lion are deemed to not be in Eccles but in Patricroft,so why is the Barley Farm which is much further west still in Eccles and not what big brother decides it to be in.
    The same goes for the Hare and Hounds which was in abbey hey and gorton,this was deemed to be wrong so big brother deleted abbey hey less that two weeks after it had been added to it,but big brother thinks it is a plan to add pubs in Swindon Central to Old town and have both areas on the pubs page,why is this.
    I did take pride in having a photo for almost every review i had done,and i would even go out of my way to take a photo i had missed to add to my review,all this has now gone.
    So the end is more of my photos being deleted,so many have already gone i have lost track of what i have deleted,i will still be waiting for any of my alterations to be done while other members have theirs done instantly.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

This Space For Hire

Old Town and Swindon Central are two distinct areas fact, if anything from local knowledge Swindon Central should really be New Town.

It's not a conspiracy theory against you so stop deleting pictures. I didn't agree with some of the Swindon changes such as removing St Andrews Ridge and replacing with Blunsdon St Andrew but it's not the end of the world so I've left it as it is.

A Walk of 15 to 20 minutes in any town warrants an area change as you really can't call it Central.

As for elsewhere it's not local to me so i ain't meddling.

I always make sure I'm following a pub before adding a review and think I have missed some emails this last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    the Hare and Hounds which was in abbey hey and gorton,this was deemed to be wrong so big brother deleted abbey hey less that two weeks after it had been added
    ( Actually, a year and two weeks!)

To say the Hare & Hounds is not in Abbey Hey is plain daft. The Ale of Two Cities guide states "tucked away in the depths of Abbey Hey". The local Camra group put it in Abbey Hey on What?ub as do most sites on the internet. If there was any consistency (ref Eccles thread), it should have been deleted from the larger Gorton area which is further away (but it serves both!). They only have two keg pubs to "serve" the area, don't Rob them of one! (I lived in Gorton and had relatives in the Abbey Hey part)
    Last edited by AlanH; 16-01-2016 at 18:12.

Never been there and never likely to, but totally agree it does look like Abbey Hey is the "area served". Well done to AlanH for restoring it.

But Al 10000, why are you deleting your photos? Do you think "big brother" will stop deleting your areas if you delete your photos? Makes no sense to me at all. It seems to me that your "pride in having a photo for almost every review i had done" is well placed, and I suggest you concentrate your efforts on restoring the photos you have deleted, for the good of the site.
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    Never been there and never likely to, but totally agree it does look like Abbey Hey is the "area served". Well done to AlanH for restoring it.

But Al 10000, why are you deleting your photos? Do you think "big brother" will stop deleting your areas if you delete your photos? Makes no sense to me at all. It seems to me that your "pride in having a photo for almost every review i had done" is well placed, and I suggest you concentrate your efforts on restoring the photos you have deleted, for the good of the site.
    My Dad now passed away always told me to fight my corner and stand up to bullys,
    i have never been bullied over the years,i was never the hardest of my mates,but they all knew i would never give up if in a fight.
    I feel that big brother is the site bully and the only wayo him was to delete photos in the Manchester area.

I will think about what you said regarding restoring photos,but not sure which way to go at the moment. i thought of standing up t

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Come on Alan, don't see everything that happens personally. Different people have different ideas about things, ask 10 people how to do something, bet you'll get at least 5 different answers. No one is being a bully and as far as I am aware no one has an agenda against you, it is just admins trying to set the site up in a way that is best for the majority. Deleting your photos frankly looks a bit daft doesn't it if you look at it from an outsiders view of this? Get them back up, they are a valuable archive for all users of the site as well as visitors and historians.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Come on Alan, don't see everything that happens personally. Different people have different ideas about things, ask 10 people how to do something, bet you'll get at least 5 different answers. No one is being a bully and as far as I am aware no one has an agenda against you, it is just admins trying to set the site up in a way that is best for the majority. Deleting your photos frankly looks a bit daft doesn't it if you look at it from an outsiders view of this? Get them back up, they are a valuable archive for all users of the site as well as visitors and historians.
    This all makes sense to me. Don't cut your nose of to spite your face.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

I'll stay on me own

Ime still not getting any emails about compass point areas being deleted.
    So i am now more *issed off,i was going to re add my deleted photos,but i am now not going to with what is going off,what harm was it to have a compass point saying East Manchester along with say Gorton,or areas in Stoke on Trent which i know very well.
    Now lost the will to review, loads to do but can not be bothered,i will now concentrate on my own pub stuff.

I'll stay on me own

Back again and still not getting any EMAILS about compass points being deleted that i have added,i still think there is no harm in having a pub in Stoke on Trent having its proper area and Stoke on Trent North,loads have been deleted,so i am now not just *issed off but also *ucked off,when i see pubs in London having lots of different areas for some of the central area pubs.

It has never been more apt to say "WE ARE ALL EQUAL,BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"