Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub Photography - A Risky Business?

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rover View Post
    Over my two and a half years snapping I have not been involved in any major incidents apart from a brief altercation with a Bury Taxi driver accusing me of taking a photo of his licence plate.However a couple of weeks ago while trudging around Huddersfield on a wet Tuesday afternoon had a very interesting experience.
    I was just about to take my next photo of a town centre pub I noticed in the corner of my eye, to the right of the pub a young lady leaning out of an upstairs window waving her arms frantically and yelling " Mr take me".She then proceeded to lift her top to reveal her mild and bitter.I then swiftly adjusted my camera to full zoom and duly obliged the young ladies request.
    All of a sudden the day seemed to brighten up

Happy Snapping
    *begins searching through all pictures of Huddersfield pubs*
    And you can really taste the hops!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

hehe...wicked!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Rover View Post
    I was just about to take my next photo of a town centre pub I noticed in the corner of my eye, to the right of the pub a young lady leaning out of an upstairs window waving her arms frantically and yelling " Mr take me".She then proceeded to lift her top to reveal her mild and bitter.I then swiftly adjusted my camera to full zoom and duly obliged the young ladies request.
    All of a sudden the day seemed to brighten up Happy Snapping
    I think we need to see the evidence of this story!

I will give you a clue to the location of the pub. It is in the town centre, and if you look on the roof you would have an idea what the pub is called without viewing the sign.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grey View Post
    Hi there, I'm new to Pubs Galore and this forum. ...
    Hi Lady Grey,

Just a quick note to say hi and welcome to Pubs Galore. Myself and Dave M are the admins of the forum and the main site, so if you have any queries, problems or suggestions about the sites please do let us know.

Thanks for all your fine work improving Cheltenham a much neglected town on our system. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by ptg View Post
    Could be paranoia, or could be justified.. From time to time the brewery send people out to photograph our place.. sometimes it's for signage companies, sometimes for car park companies... but one day it could be the estate agent.
    Hopefully you would be friendly about checking though.

It has been disconcerting hearing how threatening it can sometimes be and is never going to leave the photographer with a good impression of the pub. Whereas on the flipside where someone is friendly as you have been and asks for a copy of the picture it just leaves a good impression.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    . Interior shots are really about judging the sort of place you are in, and how many people are around. I always think it's rude to include people in interior shots and I hate it myself when someone else does it.
    I try and avoid photographing people when inside pubs, but I have had folk say they do not mind being in the picture, so I include them, like you say, it is a judgment call really, I can think of a few pubs where the only camera they see is the one in the local nick

Quinno... Did the misses know you were actually taking a picture of the Ship or was it a case of "just a bit to the left love, there's a bit of glare from the sun"?
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Hi Lady Grey,

Just a quick note to say hi and welcome to Pubs Galore. Myself and Dave M are the admins of the forum and the main site, so if you have any queries, problems or suggestions about the sites please do let us know.

Thanks for all your fine work improving Cheltenham a much neglected town on our system. We hope you enjoy your stay.
    Thank you very much for the warm welcome, this is such a worthwhile project.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    ...Cheltenham a much neglected town on our system...
    You're not kidding - nearby Gloucester seems a bit threadbare as well. Even the McGraws don't appear to have ventured into this territory but I'm surprised some of you West Country folk haven't done the rounds. I would hazard a guess that there are some decent pubs beteen the 2 so I may earmark them for a long weekender when the sun comes out.