Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub Photography - A Risky Business?

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Here's a perfect example of how well moderated a certain site is.
    Glad to see nothing's changed: lol:
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    haiĀ·ku17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables

Yes Conrad I did have to look that one up, though I did wonder if you were referring to some sort of Sushi dish.
    So;
    Yes Conrad I did
    Have to look that up, though I
    Wondered 'bout Sushi...

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I was yelled at the other day by a large woman smoking outside The Coronation Halls in Surbiton who accused me of taking a picture of her. She clearly hadn't looked in a mirror recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I was yelled at the other day by a large woman smoking outside The Coronation Halls in Surbiton who accused me of taking a picture of her. She clearly hadn't looked in a mirror recently.
    Fom the description it just could, and I emphasise could, have been my Sister in Law but probably not!

I like pizza I
    Like bagels I like hotdogs
    with mustard and beer

(Homer J going all oriental)
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Fom the description it just could, and I emphasise could, have been my Sister in Law but probably not!
    When I say yelled it was more of a screech if that helps the ID process!

Glass Half Full

Just an addition to this - to those of you that do photograph pubs, how do you go about it? Do you tell the landlord your intentions? I had a bloke last week sit down, wait until nobody was looking, take his shot (with full flash) and put the camera back in his bag so fast he made himself look suspect, rousing a few eyebrows from our baffled locals (and me); I'm assuming is was a pub enthusiast rather than a chancer taking a photo of one of our regular's kids but with no communication, who's to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ptg View Post
    Just an addition to this - to those of you that do photograph pubs, how do you go about it? Do you tell the landlord your intentions? I had a bloke last week sit down, wait until nobody was looking, take his shot (with full flash) and put the camera back in his bag so fast he made himself look suspect, rousing a few eyebrows from our baffled locals (and me); I'm assuming is was a pub enthusiast rather than a chancer taking a photo of one of our regular's kids but with no communication, who's to say.
    I rarely if ever take pictures inside the pub, mainly for the sort of reasons you hint at, I just don't want people to get the wrong idea. Where I have though I always ask permission and ensure that there are no unwilling participants in the photo.

It depends on the circumstances. If a pub is empty I may sneak a couple in on my phone. I never use a flash - you can always adjust the light/contrast digitally afterwards and come up with a decent enough picture. Conversely, if a pub is packed I find it less intrusive as so many people take photos these days anyway I don't think it looks out of place although you end up with photos of people more than the pub.

Glass Half Full

I'd have no objections to it - if we were in the loop. We're a friendly pub, but do have a couple of reformed customers who still exhibit a little bit of paranoia, and I'd rather be able to diffuse them (and probably talk them in to posing/moving out of the way) than have to drag them off of someone who's seemingly taking a photo for no reason. With the fella I'm talking about, the flash drew attention to him, and the way he acted did him no favours.

I'd quite like someone who could take some decent interior shots of the pub that could send me a copy in return for letting them photograph it, it'd save the amateurish photos that usually end up on our website.