Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pub Blog

I really enjoyed your Eccles Holts crawl. It proves that nostalgia really is as good as it used to be. As I was reading it, my mind was on the crawl with you in all the pubs that I know (or knew) so well. Some days we did the Holts 13, and on other days we did an all brewery tour. Eccles was (and still is to a lesser extent), a tourist destination for lovers of the street corner local. the larger ornate pub and Real Ale. 46 of the 54 pubs sold it! I must make an effort to return soon. Even though there are less pubs now, there are still plenty of good ones.

This Space For Hire

Next installment added. Bradford & Queensbury Crawl plus a few in Leeds 2 January 2016.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Next installment added. Bradford & Queensbury Crawl plus a few in Leeds 2 January 2016.
    Thanks for highlighting my new Pub Crawling Blog Jon,
    It is still early days,but i am slowly getting into doing the blog and editing it if needed.
    The next couple of pub crawls will be in areas where i have not done many reviews on Pubs Galore,so there may be some pubs and photos that appear that may not be on this site,i have not checked so may be wrong.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

This Space For Hire

Next installment added March & Peterborough 1989, with Mrs W in a very fetching 80's pink dress.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by bcfczuluarmy View Post
    Next installment added March & Peterborough 1989, with Mrs W in a very fetching 80's pink dress.
    Thanks Jon,

For highlighting my blog again,i hope you liked the read and old photos,
    not sure what to do next so many to do.

Cheers Alan

I'll stay on me own

Ive done three more pub crawls on my blog,
    Rochester a new one,Oxford a weekend crawl including a match at the Manor ground where Forest had a really bad day and Witney and Eynsham.

I have been told that my viewing figures are pretty good,i dont really know that much about that but i was well pleased and i have even had a comment from someone in america who also links his pub crawling blog,i know where i would rather do pub crawls.
    The blog is in my opinion improving, but i would like any feedback good or bad regarding how i go along with the blog as it is still a learning process.

Cheers Alan

This Space For Hire

My comments would be get more blogs added... Excellent read just needs more to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Ive done three more pub crawls on my blog,
    Rochester a new one,Oxford a weekend crawl including a match at the Manor ground where Forest had a really bad day and Witney and Eynsham.

I have been told that my viewing figures are pretty good,i dont really know that much about that but i was well pleased and i have even had a comment from someone in america who also links his pub crawling blog,i know where i would rather do pub crawls.
    The blog is in my opinion improving, but i would like any feedback good or bad regarding how i go along with the blog as it is still a learning process.

Cheers Alan
    Agree that it's improving, and I'm enjoying reading them.

One suggestion - from my own experience, when I've written something (especially on a computer) I have difficulty spotting typos. Especially typos that result in a real word that the spell checker doesn't spot. For example, you made a mistake typing "drink" and ended up with "dink". One way I've found useful to overcome this is to revisit what I've written the next day. That way it reads as a fresher piece of writing and the mistakes, if any, are easier to spot.

Hope this helps.

Forgot to mention, the photos are really good. I don't know how you manage it after all the beers you get through on these crawls!
    Come On You Hatters!

I see that in 1987 a Full Winfield was 34. Even I can't manage that!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    I see that in 1987 a Full Winfield was 34. Even I can't manage that!
    That was over three sessions on two days so not that good,
    I could blog some really massive pub crawls,but most lack some photos,i think my record for a day that had a dinner session and evening session was 35,it could be more but i have not checked yet.

@ bcfczuluarmy My blogs seem to be quite long so it takes quite a bit of time to do it,i dont really want to cut down on the text so i will hopefully get two a month done,if i have time.

@ Sheffield Hatter, Thanks for the comments and help,i will take a look at all text at some point to do a proper spell check.

Many thanks for all of your comments regarding my blog Alan