Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pub Blog

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    I enjoyed your blog, Al, and admire your stamina. I went to Oldham back in the mid 70s, but don't really remember the pubs. The highlight beer was Holts in (I think) Heaton Park.Keep up the good work.
    I think you are thinking about the Holts houses that are in Prestwich which is close to Heaton Park,i took the wife there in the 80s it was our first visit to any Holts pubs,so we were well pleased to get a few of them done,i took photos of all but one pub on that crawl.
    We are all equal,but some are more equal than others

I'll stay on me own

Many thanks for all of your positive comments,

There are so many pub crawls to add to the blog i really dont know where to start,but the older pub crawl round Oldham seems to have gone down
    better than the newer Bradford crawl.

I will still be doing reviews on Pubs Galore and try and keep my own pub stuff up to date,so lots to do.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    Many thanks for all of your positive comments,

There are so many pub crawls to add to the blog i really dont know where to start,but the older pub crawl round Oldham seems to have gone down
    better than the newer Bradford crawl.

I will still be doing reviews on Pubs Galore and try and keep my own pub stuff up to date,so lots to do.
    Al, loved the Oldham crawl blog, a story of a time now gone. Keep it going but if you have any old 70s and 80s missions you still have please post. Plus how the hell did you manage to pull someone who enjoys pub crawling and doesn't give you grief for it? You've done well mate.
    Ok, maybe just for one......................

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Al, loved the Oldham crawl blog, a story of a time now gone. Keep it going but if you have any old 70s and 80s missions you still have please post. Plus how the hell did you manage to pull someone who enjoys pub crawling and doesn't give you grief for it? You've done well mate.
    I fell lucky after a few duffers,my mates thought i had made the wrong choice with my wife to be being very quiet and me being the one who lead the group,the second bit of luck was when i asked her for a second date she said no,when i asked why she said ime going to watch Nottingham Forest play Celtic in the cup.

My wife to this day loves football probably more than me,she has knocked the long distance pub crawls on the head due to having really bad knees,already had one replacement and having the other done later this month.
    I do consider myself to be very lucky in getting such a great partner,we have lived together for 30 years and been married for 29 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    I fell lucky after a few duffers,my mates thought i had made the wrong choice with my wife to be being very quiet and me being the one who lead the group,the second bit of luck was when i asked her for a second date she said no,when i asked why she said ime going to watch Nottingham Forest play Celtic in the cup.

My wife to this day loves football probably more than me,she has knocked the long distance pub crawls on the head due to having really bad knees,already had one replacement and having the other done later this month.
    I do consider myself to be very lucky in getting such a great partner,we have lived together for 30 years and been married for 29 years.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

The Pub Curmudeon also has mentioned your blog and posted a link. cheers john

Excellent work, looking forward to seeing more posts!

Good mention on Boak and Bailey today.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

I've enjoyed reading your pub crawl blog, Al. However, I've just noticed that the Eccles and Oldham crawls both have the same date: 21 February 1987. Please tell me this is just a glitch - you didn't really do both on the same day?
    Come On You Hatters!

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I've enjoyed reading your pub crawl blog, Al. However, I've just noticed that the Eccles and Oldham crawls both have the same date: 21 February 1987. Please tell me this is just a glitch - you didn't really do both on the same day?
    Yes a glitch,i will take a look at it tomorrow and try and edit the date,ime pretty sure i put the right date in when i posted it.

Thanks for letting me know Will